Rutgers Interview

Soc231160

From the email it sounded pretty straightforward. Why does Rutgers appeal to you, and how will Rutgers help facilitate your graduate study? I think the interview will give us a chance to reiterate or expound upon why we applied to Rutgers in the first place, given that the SOP included such questions.

There are 7 interview offers posted so far (including myself) - way more than expected. Do you think that it would be quite competitive among those on the program's list of finalists for admissions? I actually thought that the telephone chat with DGS would be very much as the professor explains.

There are 7 interview offers posted so far (including myself) - way more than expected. Do you think that it would be quite competitive among those on the program's list of finalists for admissions? I actually thought that the telephone chat with DGS would be very much as the professor explains.

Wondering where this list is posted? I haven't heard back from Rutgers yet but would like to have an idea.

I was accepted too, but received an email on Sunday. The DGS (also my PoI) seems incredibly nice, doesn't she? I think she's sending out very personalized emails to every single applicant. I didn't post this one on the board, so I assume that there will be more guys who think of her as a prospective advisor.

I just received my acceptance email, so I wouldn't start worrying just yet. As others have said, it seems that the DGS is personalizing each email.

Hope so. The interview went well, at least that's what I thought.. In each case, I want to find out as soon as possible. I'm just too tired of refreshing my email in every 5 minutes.

... and I don't like this personalizing business either. Why can't they socialize with their admits at a later stage? Just send out the results and the rest of us will start to think what to do with our lives :blink:

Hey guys

It's me who got admitted to Rutgers without funding. It was a personalized email from the person who interviewed with me, and I received her message right after I sent her an email asking about my situation.

I don't know whether to be happy or sad about this. Does this "being in the funding waitlist" ever work for anyone? I can't possibly go there without funding.

Hey guys

It's me who got admitted to Rutgers without funding. It was a personalized email from the person who interviewed with me, and I received her message right after I sent her an email asking about my situation.

I don't know whether to be happy or sad about this. Does this "being in the funding waitlist" ever work for anyone? I can't possibly go there without funding.

Correction: The email was from DGS.

I think the likelihood of your being funded would be quite high. As I posted above after an interview, DGS said that there would be twenty or something who get admitted to the program. I don't think all of them will decide to go with Rutgers. At least, you are on the funding waitlist, not rejected. Hopefully you'll end up going there. Keep your fingers crossed.