Best College/University for Physical Education in the USA?

B B

hi all, i dont know where else i should ask this question.

Physical Education and sports are my passion so i wanna study something that i love and i dont wanna waste my life in something i dont wanna learn nor like, so im planing in getting a bachelor, masters and then PHD in Physical Education.

i wanna have all the academic knowledge that i can get. i wanna have the best and be the best.

so im here to ask everyone with knowledge:

What is the Best College/University to study Physical Education in the USA?

u guys dont know how much your opinions mean to me.

Hey BB!

I don't know too much about Phys Ed programs in general, but it might help to answer your questions if you can say a little more about where you're coming from and what you want to do, ultimately, with your degree(s). Are you currently a high school student? Or will you be getting your Bachelor's as an older returning student? Are you looking to become a K-12 Phys Ed teacher? A coach of some kind? Do you want to work with athletes in some capacity? Or maybe study the relationship between Phys Ed and public health? Or some other thing? What's your dream job?

Starting to answer those questions is the best way to find the school that is the best for you.

Hey BB!

I don't know too much about Phys Ed programs in general, but it might help to answer your questions if you can say a little more about where you're coming from and what you want to do, ultimately, with your degree(s). Are you currently a high school student? Or will you be getting your Bachelor's as an older returning student? Are you looking to become a K-12 Phys Ed teacher? A coach of some kind? Do you want to work with athletes in some capacity? Or maybe study the relationship between Phys Ed and public health? Or some other thing? What's your dream job?

Starting to answer those questions is the best way to find the school that is the best for you.

first of all i finished high school.

to be honest with u my friend, im planing to take the Bachelor and then from there i will decide which field im gonna go.

for me i wanna work one day to help people help them self i wanna train and teach people what i know i wanna help i wanna see them smile after they lost wight or learned something or gained muscle, so u could see maybe a Teacher or personal trainer. or maybe even both. or be a professor.

so lets just say what's the top University in the sport department studies and degrees and programs.

Edited by B B

• 1 month later...

Hiya,

Reading through your post actually annoyed me a bit. The status of Physical Education is constantly being questioned and this is partly due to people (like yourself) that don't really have an understanding of the profession. A PE degree is an EDUCATION degree! If you want to help people lose weight, tone up, gain muscle and achieve their fitness goals then maybe PTing is for you. You DO NOT need a 4 year PE degree to become a PT. Obviously promoting a healthy, active lifestyle and giving children and young adults the tools that they need to participate in physical activity throughout their life is important to PE but what about interpersonal skills? teamwork? confidence? creativity? sportsmanship? ect... Physical Education gives young people the opportunity to become involved in sport and physical activity but also helps to develop them as a person. I've just skimmed over this topic but it is worth pointing out that no where in your post did you mention education, pupils or having a passion for teaching :S

I know it's maybe not 100% relevant to you but it might be worth googling PE in the Scottish 'Curriculum for Excellence'...might give you an idea of what to expect.

I hope you figure out what it is you're looking for...xxx

I'll also mention that this is probably not the best place to be asking this, as this is a forum primarily for graduate school admissions, and you're currently looking for undergraduate institutions. What's a good school for a graduate program is not always the best for an undergrad, and vice versa.