Interdisciplinary MA programs

ymolin

Anyone have any suggestions for interdisciplinary MA programs (1 year programs would be ideal) in the humanities (English Lit, Philosophy, History, Art, Film) in the New York area? Similar programs I am already looking at are the New School's MA program in liberal studies. I know UChicago has a MAPH program...but that's in Chicago.

may I ask what your intent is, exactly? 1 yr interdisciplinary MA programs don't just grow on trees, ya know...

The CUNY Graduate Center has many excellent grad programs (philosophy, linguistics, music, anthro...) and just about all of them have MA tracks.

Ymolin, I only applied to NYC MA programs, many of them in departments that do not offer the PhD. They are all 2 years, but I wasn't looking for 1 year programs. You can see the info in my signature...

I will say that the decision to attend an interdisciplinary terminal MA program shouldn't be taken lightly--it is definitely an "off the beaten path" approach to scholarship, and that you should try your best to find a traditional department that suits your interests. If you absolutely can't, then an interdisciplinary program might be right for you. It's all about finding key courses and supportive professors to help you shape your degree, because without that framework, it really is just a vague MA.