Anyone talking the English Subject Test in April?

Casserine

Hello everyone,

I'm taking the English subject test in April (before I take the regular one). It's a bit of a pain because I have to fly to a different country to take it (typical GRE money-spinning) but other than that, it's not too bad. It's a ridiculous exam, of course, but I feel almost excited about the challenge. I think I have a fairly okay grasp of most canonical stuff post-Shakespeare, but I still have a lot of work to do for it.

Anyone else prepping for the one in April? I'm dearly hoping it's going to be a canon one, rather than the reading comp one. Is there any way of guessing which form it's going to take?

PS. Not sure if this thread should be here, or in the Literature forum.

I took it this fall and also had to fly to another country to do so. It wasn't fun because of the expense and because I was still jet-lagged when I took it. (Do try and give yourself some tome to rest before the test day.) I definitely had more reading comprehension on my test than anything else, but I really don't think there's any way of knowing what you'll get before you take it.

Good luck.

Edited by czenzi

• 2 weeks later...

Ugh, I was going to take it in April so I wouldn't have to worry about it next fall, but now I think I'm going to put it off until October--I'm swamped with work this semester, and I haven't had time to study at all yet. But then October will be so close to when I'm submitting the applications... Man, I hate ETS so much. Why can't they offer the damned subject test in, like, August or September too? April, October, and November (which is too late for many programs)?!? Who came up with this?