acceptance to accredited MPH online programs with " for profit" undergrad degree

radjojo

Hi all. I am new to the forum, have been looking through the topics, and since my search turned up nada, I am imploring other posters to help me out here....

First off, I have been in the medical community as a clinician for nearly 18 years. I started my journey long ago, by first obtaining my A.A.S. from a for profit college (accredited through ACICS--national accreditation). I then achieved additional state and board licensing after completing another two year program (A.S.) in radiation therapy--this from a regionally accredited college. After a few years as a staff therapist, I decided to obtain my BS in Health Managment, however, I was working full time and had a small child. Clearly, the flexibility of on line programs attracted me, and I received my BSHM after a two year online program. This was through another nationally accredited college. (ACICS again.)

Recent events have me anticipating a career change--I have decided that one in MPH, particularly in Health Policy and Management is where I want to head.

My concerns are whether my undergrad credits will be accepted from the ONLINE programs that are accredited through the CEPH. I understand the importance of the accreditation/affiliation, and I am desirous of education therein. However, I do not want to retake courses such as English, Speech, and Algebra, and extend a two year Masters into a 4+ year educational experience.

I know there are a plethora of unaccredited MPH programs, and they make me a little nervous. But if "traditional" colleges won't accept my transfers, then what choice do I have? My questions are:

1. Does anyone know if online programs are more accepting of national accreditation than the traditional on- campus educational MPH programs? And if so, which ones?

2. Does anyone have information about a reputable college that is not accredited through the CEPH? I would consider a nonaccredited program--but do not want a worthless Masters degree.

3. If I anticipate working in public policy in the immediate community/state area, how important would the accredited education be to perspective employers?

4. Would it be wise to perhaps look into a MPA program with a Health Care focus? I have knowledge that a regionally accredited program will accept me into this arena.

Thanks for your thoughts and honesty....