Pittsburgh 2012

I noticed an acceptance and two wait-lists on the survey results board. If possible, please post your area of specialization and post if you are international or live in the states.

Edited by BurningShips

Anyone know anyone that got waitlisted, accepted or rejected from Pittsburgh? Can you enlighten us? Like the above, I too saw the waitlists and acceptance and someone mentioned in their signature that they'd been rejected. Anyone hearing any other way besides email? Any info would be hugely helpful as we wait wait wait.

Thanks!

I was one of the wait lists for Pitt. Unfortunately I don't have much news to share, except that I'm finishing up my MA from an American institution right now. The email didn't give much more information other than that they were placing me on a wait list and they didn't know when they'd be able to let me know more news. My specialization is 19th Century American literature, childhood studies, women writers and periodical texts. I'm sorry I don't have more info, but hope this helps :/

I will update if I hear anything else, but I'm trying not to get my hopes up.

I'm the other wait-list for Pittsburgh. Same as littlenell, I got an email from the DGS. I emailed her with a few more specific questions and she replied that they make more offers than they expect to take (roughly 20 offets with an excpected 12), but that after a spot opens up in the 20, they can usually make another offer. It sounds pretty much like they have 20 spots and will make the offers to wait list people if they're turned down, but often late enough that they've made otehr plans. So at this point it's a waiting game. No one turns down an offer while they're still waiting for other acceptances.

I just graduated with a BA from a small college in Florida. My specialty's Victorianism with a focus on children's rights/labor, law, and technology (particularly toy culture). I'm also trying not to get excited. Pitt is my favorite program. I would love to find out how many wait-lists have been admitted in the past and when that happened. littlenell, sounds like we might have a few parallel interests--care to elaborate?

Hey guys, congrats on getting on the waitlist and I'll keep my fingers crossed for you that a few of the acceptances drop out so you can have their spots. Do you guys know if they've contacted everyone that they are accepting or waitlisting or are perhaps contacting people by specialty and haven't gotten to everyone yet? Since you guys are in a similar period, I'm going to hope for the latter...

• 4 weeks later...