Ohio State

Jazz388

• 2 weeks later...

I will be joining you in the Clinical Psychology program actually. I do wonder, however, if anyone who has gotten in knows when we will be hearing the results of the university fellowship competition. I was somewhat unclear on that from the information they gave us at the interview weekend.

The dates I mentioned were provided to me by the clinical psych department. I think the March 8 date was when the grad school notified the department of the fellowship results, and the 14-16 is just when the department gets finished putting together the 5 year funding offer. So I'm not sure if this info applies to other academic areas

Jazz388, I think it has to apply to other academic areas. OSU's fellowships are almost exclusively university-wide competitions. Department nominates students, those students are in competition with students from every other department, OSU's Graduate School decides, school notifies department, department notifies students. I'm sure your department has some department specific funding, I know Teaching and Learning does, so that might make the package notification different for each department, but I'm pretty sure fellowship decisions are made for everyone at the same time.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there! I'm starting OSU's speech path program in the fall. Just a heads up for anyone moving into the area: I've heard several recommendations to start looking for housing now, as this is when many current students are looking at leaving/renewing leases.

Seconding WannabeSLP's suggestion. As a current (undergrad) student at OSU, I can tell you most of the current students actually already did the housing search for fall--- back in January/February. The sooner you can look into housing up here, the better! (Don't take all the good ones-- leave me one! ;) )

As a current OSU undergrad I've always had next year's housing pinned near the beginning of winter quarter, at the latest. I had no idea that was different at other colleges.

The fellowship dates that I had been told by my department were wrong, as I received my email concerning the fellowships yesterday. However, according to the graduate school today was supposed to be the day they notify via email.

• 2 weeks later...