abc123xtc

Hey, I currently attend UNLV, so I think that is why they gave me a priority notification. Although, some of my classmates who also applied haven't received any notification. As for some info about me...I am a double major in soc and math with a GPA of 3.67. My GREs scores are amazing, but my research experience (i.e. honors thesis, research asst, NSF) and professional experience (i.e. presentations at ASA and PSA) compensates for that.

We held a graduate school workshop here a couple months ago and the graduate coordinator gave us some average stats about UNLV: http://unlvssa.wordpress.com/2011/10/18/graduate-workshop-2011-notes/

If you get in, then please let me know and I would be more than happy to tell you about the faculty, students, current research projects, LV, and UNLV. :) The department here is awesome!!!!

Wow, thanks for the info! I mostly applied to UNLV because of some of the research that the faculty has done on the sex industry. I was actually an anthropology major with a minor in sociology, but I did an independent research project for six months with the sociology department where I designed and conducted an original research project, wrote and received a grant, and wrote a thesis. I also presented at a major anthropology conference. Aside from that, I don't know if my stats are amazing. I did average on the GRE (I'm not good at these tests), and I'm applying with a 3.4 GPA.