Buffalo rejection

Buffalo page:

I heard someone somewhere say that they have decided on 7 spots and have 11 available. I haven't seen anyone on here flat out get rejected (someone correct me if I'm wrong), so I wouldn't count your chickens, or buffalos, just yet.

I haven't received anything from Buffalo at all. When I emailed Dr. Hammill, he said we would find out "online" (not quite true: it just says "under review) and through a paper letter through postal mail.

I'm watching the mail closely. I'll post ASAP if I receive anything.

Thanks for the info on 7 of 11 spots, Julianne, I hadn't heard that.

Buffalo is my top choice, actually, so I really hope this works out! :)

I don't know!! It's strange. I'm going to assume that I am rejected--just for my own personal sanity--because that's probably what this means. I just wish I hadn't looked at previous years and seen the irregularity of communication methods and times, because it means that little bit of hope is still alive.

Die, hope, die! :-P

Also, for what it's worth, my thesis director is a Buffalo alum, and she told me that into Buffalo (among other offers) after months on their waitlist. Of course, it's been several years since then; but in 2011 it happened to someone in April. So as long as that application status still says "under review" I'll continue to hope that someone will take a better offer and a spot opens up...

Unless some very helpful person wants to persuade me to be realistic.

Unless some very helpful person wants to persuade me to be realistic.

I know that after all the acceptances and wait‒lists went out for Vanderbilt, I decided that I was rejected. I didn't even bother holding out hope because I knew how grim the prospects were. I understand your hope because it's the only school you've applied to, but I am here to persuade you to be realistic. By that I mean try not to let your hope spiral out of control so that if you do get rejected, you're not crushed. Assume you're rejected, and if you do get in, it will be that much sweeter. I hope you do, get in, though :] Good luck!

Edited by Julianne Pigoon

Julianne, thanks so much! I've read your post about six times already today.

But the irrational side of me feels compelled to inform the other applicants in limbo that my mail man came early today--and today was Day Two with no letter (after the rejection appeared on the results survey). The child in me says "yay! I might be waitlisted." Therefore, I'm going to go read Julianne's post a couple dozen more times.

Julianne, thanks so much! I've read your post about six times already today.

But the irrational side of me feels compelled to inform the other applicants in limbo that my mail man came early today--and today was Day Two with no letter (after the rejection appeared on the results survey). The child in me says "yay! I might be waitlisted." Therefore, I'm going to go read Julianne's post a couple dozen more times.

I like your spirit, capacity. Haha. We are in the same doubt-faith-despair-hope oscillation. I am actually feeling better as time goes on regardless of the turnout!

We are in the same doubt-faith-despair-hope oscillation. I am actually feeling better as time goes on regardless of the turnout!

That's good! Not receiving an acceptance back when the others did helped to prepare mentally for rejection. For me, either outcome will be great: either I go to the school I really wanted to go to, or I have an entire year to develop an even stronger application for this program and others. But I'd prefer the first. And I'd prefer to know now. Hehe...

it might help to know where people live in relation to how long rejection letters take to get there. I live in the southeast, and I have yet to receive mine (but I also have not checked the mail today).

it might help to know where people live in relation to how long rejection letters take to get there. I live in the southeast, and I have yet to receive mine (but I also have not checked the mail today).

I'm in the Dallas area.

Edited by capacity4wonder