UOregon 2012

I almost did that so many times. My SoP was way too vague in regard to schools. I was way to frazzled to tailor every single one I sent out, so I just changed the school name. Reading that others were very specific even with faculty makes me think that my vagueness is more of a faux pas than accidentally copying in the wrong name. I think you'll be okay, shit like that happens.

I caved in yesterday and emailed asking if they had some kind of timeline, and I haven't heard anything in response, which happened when I contacted UCLA. They notified acceptances within a day or two of my inquiry, so maybe, possibly, hopefully, dear God PLEASE, UO will be notifying soon. I hope my convoluted logic holds up.

You're convoluted logic completely holds up. I caved and emailed UOregon on Saturday asking about a timeline. I'm assuming the administrative assistant was off yesterday for President's Day, thus not replying to inquiries. Fingers crossed. Hoping. Waiting.

This is somewhat off topic, but I've noticed we share pretty much identical interests (and four schools). Knowing that someone else out there is interested in the same fields gives me this warm, fuzzy feeling inside. It's like validation for my life choices.

Last year they sent out a bunch of rejections on Feb 25, then a bunch of acceptances early to middle March. I think they're just hard-chillin' broskis. West Coast is Best Coast, man.

Too true. I haven't heard back from any of the West Coast schools I applied to.

My heart literally just stopped as my phone started ringing, the call being from a number in Oregon. It was a credit card solicitation company. Oy vey.

Hi guys! Oregon was my first choice as well. Seems like there's not too many of us out there... Such a great school and such a lovely location, although after this morning's result board, well, I refresh my email every three minutes and start losing hope. Anyone wants to claim that acceptance?

Hey! That acceptance is for comp. lit... Ohhhh... You got me REALLY nervous... You're doing comp. lit! I'm doing just English... I got scared. No English up on the board yet thank god.

Last year in response to an email I sent, I was told I was accepted March 2, but the official email of acceptance with details about funding and all that didn't come until March 10. I think this is pretty typical of their time frame, so you all have some time, I think. Good luck!

Lol, they didn't e-mail me back. I have a feeling their administrative assistant isn't a fan of me. I've e-mailed a few times in the past but haven't gotten many responses.

Hey! That acceptance is for comp. lit... Ohhhh... You got me REALLY nervous... You're doing comp. lit! I'm doing just English... I got scared. No English up on the board yet thank god.

Just English? Sometimes I wish I was doing just English... Damn you subject GRE!

Lol, they didn't e-mail me back. I have a feeling their administrative assistant isn't a fan of me. I've e-mailed a few times in the past but haven't gotten many responses.

Ha, this is exactly what I was thinking all day while waiting for the email to come.

I've been totally annoying all of my contact people at various schools these days, and they've been surprisingly unannoyed and helpful, Mike Stamm included (if that's who you've been writing).

People haven't been annoyed (or unannoyed), they just haven't been responding. I respect it, though, because I'm sure they get a thousand e-mails a day about this stuff. My professor went to UOregon for her PhD and she told me today to not e-mail the admin. assistants or any professors at this point; it might be best to leave them alone haha.