Art History MA Programs, news on acceptance?

kaejo

For anyone who applied to Tufts: I e-mailed the department administrator to ask when I could expect a decision, as I have several offers and I need to decide as soon as possible (Tufts is pretty much the last hold-out.) The admissions committee is meeting Monday, and they'll start contacting accepted students between March 5th and March 7th.

I interviewed a week or so ago (2/29) for the dual program - they informed me that the Art History program had already made decisions by that point and does not conduct interviews. I asked my interviewer (who was an arts admin prof.) if she had any news or was able to tell me of the Art History dept's decision but she didn't know. Also indicated it would be 2-3 weeks until notification.

Notre Dame's MA is accepting in an interesting way. The DGS calls first and asks for a quick pre-acceptance before sending the formal acceptances (and rejections) through ordinary channels. I guess it's a way for them to avoid wait-list limbo.

I accepted - eager to study Italian late medieval or early Ren.

Anyone wanna claim the Tufts admits on the results page?? I'm one of them and I'm strongly considering accepting...is anyone else??

I was one of the Tufts admits, but I turned down my offer and have accepted elswhere. Have you spoken with your POI or anyone else? Feel free to PM me if you'd like! :)

Anyone wanna claim the Tufts admits on the results page?? I'm one of them and I'm strongly considering accepting...is anyone else??

Hey there, I'm one of the other admits. Echoing stillnovista, PM me if you like as well. I quite like the program, but I'm not ready to commit just yet. :)

Anyone else receive an email from SAIC about scholarships to apply for? It says for 'all incoming graduate students' and yet I've not heard a word from them about my admissions decision. Just wondering if it was a mass email to all who applied.

I got into U Chicago's Humanities program and Rutgers MA in art history. I was rejected at NYU, waiting on Tufts (though based on what I'm seeing here I'm guessing I didn't get in) and U Washington.

Are you a current student at UW? (I see that your location is Seattle) Do you know others who applied there? It is one of my schools, and I haven't really seen anything on the results board or the forum from others applying/accepted.

Are you a current student at UW? (I see that your location is Seattle) Do you know others who applied there? It is one of my schools, and I haven't really seen anything on the results board or the forum from others applying/accepted.

No, I actually just live in Seattle (I work for Expedia). I received an email saying I didn't get in to their PhD program but I have yet to hear back from Museology. I am guessing that the different departments admit independently of each other.