If you get accepted, are you supposed to call them?

This information may be on another thread, about acceptances, but I don't have the nerves to read those threads right now. Please forgive me (and don't make me read about which programs have started to notify! I can't take it!). Thank you for your understanding.

I got into a safety that I really really like. I feel a lot better about the whole process knowing I can go to this program, which seems like a better fit for me than all the schools to which I applied except the most competitive ones, but the super-competitive apps are still in play. The DGS called and said something about setting up a time to talk. I was a little surprised that a) I was notified so early (though I guess a lot of other people have started to hear) and B) I was supposed to call and have a chat with a real person so soon in the game. Should I expect more of this? I imagine I should be pleasant and excited and noncommittal, yes? I applied to 10 schools; should I expect to have a live conversation with any of them that happen to accept me? I guess I kind of expected this process to be a little more like college admissions and less like job interviews. But right now it feels like job interviews.

Thanks all.

the schools that have admitted me (via e-mail) have both requested to talk to me on the phone ( . . . I didn't put my telephone number on the app. because I hate talking on the telephone!! heheh). I guess they want to be all personable and stuff... ;)

If you have received notice of acceptance, the offer must remain on the table until April 15. You can call, or you can let them sit it out. If you call, just be honest and let them know that you have some open apps that you are waiting to hear back from. It's not a job interview. You've been offered the hire, with a time limit (as mentioned earlier). No decision required until then.

Congrats, by the way!