Rutgers

Ugh I totally understand how you're feeling. After going 3/3 to start, I'm apparently 0/3 in the last 3 (rejection Davis; implicit rejection from Rutgers and Maryland). Some schools think I'm awesome and others not so much. Weird feeling.

Better that than 0/5. Apparently, no schools think I'm awesome... and I at least thought there was a smidgeon of awesome hidden somewhere. ;P

Got a call on Saturday morning from one of my POIs. So shocked! I had 23rd percentile on the subject test, 69th percentile on verbal, but I got 6/6 on the writing. I guess they didnt care since they really liked my writing sample and what i was doing for my thesis. This is my top choice, so I'm super excited! I'm an early americanist.

Got a call on Saturday morning from one of my POIs. So shocked! I had 23rd percentile on the subject test, 69th percentile on verbal, but I got 6/6 on the writing. I guess they didnt care since they really liked my writing sample and what i was doing for my thesis. This is my top choice, so I'm super excited! I'm an early americanist.

Wow, congrats!! Another testament to the "all about fit, WS, and SoP" argument. Love it. B)

WOW! I just got waitlisted! The week of pain and suffering just got much better! It said my name is "close to the top." I do wonder if a lot of people hear that...

I've still heard nothing. And my status on the website (which I've checked roughly 3 million times) still says "no decision." Hmph.

Congrats Trip-- I was pulling for you!! I hope you come to the day-- it would blow my mind to meet real GC royalty!

hanover -- when is the day? I do want to go. It's really cool to have another NYC-area (well, sort of... in more ways than one (waitlist/new jersey)) option!

I've still heard nothing. And my status on the website (which I've checked roughly 3 million times) still says "no decision." Hmph.

Pulling for you bdon!

BTW, does anyone have any idea what funding is like at Rutgers?

Edited by TripWillis

Congrats, TripWillis! My work is very vaguely queer theory-ish, if I decline, please take my place, Rutgers has enough Victorianists. :P

Funding is very generous for what I imagine to be the standard of living for New Brunswick--about 26K for first year (plus a 5K summer stipend to be taken first or second years), and the 25K+ for following years with teaching fellowship.

WOW! I just got waitlisted! The week of pain and suffering just got much better! It said my name is "close to the top." I do wonder if a lot of people hear that...

Congrats, Trip! I'm so happy for you. I've had my fingers crossed and I think of you every time a Rutgers post goes up :)

I hope you get in!

Edited by Stately Plump