UCLA MSW Fall 2012

KMSW

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So I called Lance again last Friday and he said my status was the same, just waiting for the chair of the department to verify the decision. I am so nervous, I can't wait any longer! He also told me that on Thursday he was given a list of about 45 people to deny and that I wasn't on that list. I can't take the suspense!

So I called Lance again last Friday and he said my status was the same, just waiting for the chair of the department to verify the decision. I am so nervous, I can't wait any longer! He also told me that on Thursday he was given a list of about 45 people to deny and that I wasn't on that list. I can't take the suspense!

I've called Lance twice and emailed him once and I haven't heard a thing from him. :unsure: Maybe I am on that list???

I really hate this waiting game. :blink:

I've called Lance twice and emailed him once and I haven't heard a thing from him. :unsure: Maybe I am on that list???

I really hate this waiting game. :blink:

I haven't e-mailed him or left him a message because it seems that he never gets back to anyone. I just call a few times through out the day to try to reach him personally. I know what you mean, I JUST WANT TO KNOW! I have to tell USC by the 23rd whether I accept or not and I have already extended the date! :wacko:

Congrats to all who got in! I still have a year of undergrad but am looking into UCLA and trying to gauge the likelihood of acceptance - would any admitted students be willing to post their stats? Thanks for any help!

MSWGirl, is UCLA your first choice?

Hi Future MSW 2012 (and congrats to you!),

Just due to proximity and geographical location (I live in Northern California), UC Berkeley was my fist choice but I was denied. Don't get me wrong. I'm SUPER excited about UCLA and was quite surprised that I even got in. But now all of these logistics are popping up. The obvious being that I live 400 miles away. The second is that I'm married. But a nice caveat is that I'm from LA and my mom still lives there. If push comes to shove I'll just live w/ her. But there a million things I need to consider before making a decision. I'm still waiting to hear from SF State and USC (which is where I went for undergrad). Sigh...

For those who are planning on accepting UCLA, have you received an email from the graduate division... or do you accept the invitation through email with Lance?

I haven't received an email from the Graduate Division yet. I THINK you have to wait until you receive the formal acceptance letter/email from the Graduate Division. Lance said that those who are accepted will be officially admitted once the Graduate Division processes their transcripts. But I guess you could respond directly to Lance, although he might just say thanks, feign excitement, and then direct you to let the Grad Division know of your decision once you hear back from them. I could be wrong though.

Hi Future MSW 2012 (and congrats to you!),

Just due to proximity and geographical location (I live in Northern California), UC Berkeley was my fist choice but I was denied. Don't get me wrong. I'm SUPER excited about UCLA and was quite surprised that I even got in. But now all of these logistics are popping up. The obvious being that I live 400 miles away. The second is that I'm married. But a nice caveat is that I'm from LA and my mom still lives there. If push comes to shove I'll just live w/ her. But there a million things I need to consider before making a decision. I'm still waiting to hear from SF State and USC (which is where I went for undergrad). Sigh...

Thank you!

I am sorry to hear about Berkeley. I can completely understand having to work out the logistics. That was one of the major reasons why UCLA was my top choice. I am from Southern California and I did not want to have to move my family to another city or state. If you get into SF State will you go there instead?

For those who are planning on accepting UCLA, have you received an email from the graduate division... or do you accept the invitation through email with Lance?

I have not received an email from the the graduate division but I emailed Lance and let him know that I was accepting the offer and I plan to attend in the Fall.

Thank you!

I am sorry to hear about Berkeley. I can completely understand having to work out the logistics. That was one of the major reasons why UCLA was my top choice. I am from Southern California and I did not want to have to move my family to another city or state. If you get into SF State will you go there instead?

Ugh. It's tough. The best thing about SF State is that I can keep working full-time. They have an array of options for working professionals to get their degree. Plus I wouldn't have to move and it's cheaper than UCLA. With that being said, I'd feel quite foolish to turn down UCLA for SF State. Not that I'm saying anything bad about SF State's MSW program! Not at all! In fact, it's quite competitive. I'm starting to doubt my chances of getting in. But I'd rather UCLA. If UCLA can get me a decent financial aid package, I'll most likely end up there. A Trojan becoming a Bruin. Ouch. LOL.

Congrats to everyone who has been accepted. I look forward to meeting you all. I only applied to UCLA MSW program, so I was thrilled when I found out that I was accepted last Friday. I created an unofficial Facebook group for all those who have been accepted and plan to accept the offer. Search for us-UCLA MSW 2014!

I have not received UCLA Graduate Division's formal notification. My understanding is that we officially accept the offer when we complete the statement of intent to register and statement of legal residency from UCLA Graduate Division.

I have not received UCLA Graduate Division's formal notification. My understanding is that we officially accept the offer when we complete the statement of intent to register and statement of legal residency from UCLA Graduate Division.

I have not received anything from the Graduate Division either. I really need them to hurry up and send me something because I cannot view my financial aid awards letter until I complete the SIR. But I cannot complete the SIR until I receive the formal notification from the Graduate Division.

Congrats everyone!! I think I have given up on my hopes of getting in lol =/

Don't give up hope! If anything these decision notifications are sporadic at best. Some people found out as early as February and others found out yesterday. Do not despair!!!!

Don't give up hope! If anything these decision notifications are sporadic at best. Some people found out as early as February and others found out yesterday. Do not despair!!!!

I'm trying my hardest, the wait is just getting old! I'm becoming obsessed! lol

Holy Crap! My younger brother just called me and said I just received mail from USC. He's refusing to tell me if the envelope is big or small! I need to get out of work already! The ironic thing is I work at USC and the School of Social Work is a walk away!!

Holy Crap! My younger brother just called me and said I just received mail from USC. He's refusing to tell me if the envelope is big or small! I need to get out of work already! The ironic thing is I work at USC and the School of Social Work is a walk away!!

I'm pretty sure you got in. Why would he mess with you if the envelope was really small? That's just plain evil, lol! An early congrats to you and FIGHT ON!!!!!!!

I'm trying my hardest, the wait is just getting old! I'm becoming obsessed! lol

LOL! I know what you mean. Everyday I check my application for SF State and it keeps saying "Pending." I feel like at this point everyone in the admission office is just sitting around with their feet up, drinking whiskey, and shooting darts at applications, lol.