UCLA MSW Fall 2012

KMSW

You chose UCLA?! :D

I did!!! =)

Is there a Facebook group you found? Also, I have not been able to get in touch with Lance at all to have some questions answered. I submitted my SIR and SLR yesterday and want to know about when we can expect to hear back about merit based aid. I also want a tour of the campus.

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Has anyone found a group on Facebook for those of us attending UCLA this fall? =)

I tried to look for it myself and couldn't find it. I don't think anyone has created it yet.

So it doesn't seem like they pick up the phone or answer to emails. I only applied to UCLA to mess with my friends in LA. Now it seems like the joke is on me and that they'll never respond. That's $60 I could of invested in the Mega Million and the $640 million at stake!!!

I got a hold of admissions today and it seemed that there is 3 separate system that doesn't update each other, so Lance updated his system and told me I'd be hearing back from them tomorrow. Best of luck to you!

Yes-- No decision has been made for my application as well. I've also e-mailed and left messages for the department.

Thanks so much! At 2:55am I received my rejection letter. Best of luck to you too. :0)

I got a hold of admissions today and it seemed that there is 3 separate system that doesn't update each other, so Lance updated his system and told me I'd be hearing back from them tomorrow. Best of luck to you!

Got my rejection from UCLA MA Asian Am this morning. Still waiting on word from MSW Dept. I did get into MA Asian Am at SFSU but never considered the dilemma between getting into UCLA MSW and SFSU MA Asian Am...torn between financial stability and passion, at this point.

For those that were accepted or rejected, is it possible if you could PM me your stats (that is, if you feel uncomfortable with posting it on this board). I would really like to get an idea just so I can personally assess my own chances as I'm a prospective student who won't be applying until this upcoming year. Thank you so much.

I received admission email from Lance about a month ago, but still haven't heard from the grad department. Anybody else in the same situation?

Also could anyone give me some advice about choosing between USC and UCLA? Since I'm an international, the tuition and fees are similar, meanwhile most of the comparison I've read about is money.