Columbia

I think it's just the prospect of potentially attending Columbia... It's so hard to resist!

I know the rational thing to do is follow the money, especially because my other offers are good ones. But it's Columbia! :o

lol. I think I'll do the right thing regardless. I think...

STATELY! Do not even think of going! You have great, funded PhD offers in hand! Don't mess it up! :angry:

Sorry... I just got crazy for a sec there.

STATELY! Do not even think of going! You have great, funded PhD offers in hand! Don't mess it up! :angry:

Sorry... I just got crazy for a sec there.

Haha! Trip, I'm going to be one-hundred percent honest: I've been waiting for you to weigh in here. I knew you would, and I knew you would tell it like it is. No sugar coating.

I don't think I can turn down funded PhD programs, even if it is for Columbia. I'm almost definitely going to follow the money, even though going to Columbia would mean I could hang out with TripWillis in NYC ;)

• 1 month later...

Whoops!! Has anyone else heard about the MA? I only applied to that at Columbia (not the PhD), and I haven't heard anything!!

Have you heard any news about the MA yet? Still waiting for this decision as well.

Thisoldhouse--I would email them. I emailed the DGS, and she got back to me and told me I'd gotten in. They do it on a rolling basis, so you might be waiting a bit longer if you don't get in contact.

Thanks for the info! I'm in the same boat, sending e-mail right now...so nervous!

I called a few weeks ago and was informed of the rolling admissions but was afraid to ask. I don't want to push them into an early 'no' decision. I know this is silly, but somehow seems justified. Congrats on your acceptance! California, let us know how it goes!

Anyone know the start date this year? Just thinking about booking some flights. Thanks in advance!

Have you applied for on-campus housing (e.g. a university apartment)? If so, you might want to wait until you get your assignment because I believe it will also include the week during which you will move-in (including arranging a lease-signing, etc.).

Have you applied for on-campus housing (e.g. a university apartment)? If so, you might want to wait until you get your assignment because I believe it will also include the week during which you will move-in (including arranging a lease-signing, etc.).

I greatly appreciate this helpful information, girlmostlikely! :) Am applying this week.

Thanks for the info! I'm in the same boat, sending e-mail right now...so nervous!

For anyone still waiting to hear about the terminal MA in English at Columbia: found the committee will be meeting on May 15 to review applications. I'm not going to push them to review earlier, but wow, that is so late in the year.

I greatly appreciate this helpful information, girlmostlikely! :) Am applying this week.

Boo! Live in Brooklyn with the cool kids, like me and readwritenap. B)

(Just kidding; I'm actually very jealous of your campus apartment option. CUNY has something like that but it's far from campus, expensive, and small)

For anyone still waiting to hear about the terminal MA in English at Columbia: found the committee will be meeting on May 15 to review applications. I'm not going to push them to review earlier, but wow, that is so late in the year.

JEEZ. Imma be graduated by then! Kinda need a game plan. Ah well, thanks so much for the info! I guess I won't hold my breath lol :P