English programs news?

rlm8746

• I'm new to this site, but getting pretty used to the sickening feeling in the pit of my stomach that grows with each passing day. I've tried to resist the urge to call my programs. I've tried not to look dejected each time I leave the mailbox. Now I'm trying to get the scoop from you: has anybody heard anything from the English programs at NC State, UNC Chapel Hill or UT Austin? Also, what's the deal with these interview weekend invites that I keep reading about here? I wasn't aware that there was an interview portion to the application process. Are those program specific? I'd really appreciate any info you guys might have!

Hey rlm, cruise on over to the "English Literature and Rhetoric & Comp" forum - it's under "Board Index", then scroll down to the Humanities section and you'll see it there. Lots of news to be had. Also, there is a pretty substantial post about interviews somewhere on here, as I recall. Try searching, would be my advice! Best of luck!