Disaster Recovery

dknaggs

Hello,

I recently finished my undergraduate degree in statistics and political science and am just beginning the process of looking at grad schools. My main interests are in disaster recovery, and I am particularly interested in refugee camps.

I was wondering if anyone had recommendations for public health (or related) programs that are strong in those areas. Thank you very much for any help you can provide.

Also I apologize for my vagueness. I'm very much at the beginning of the grad school process and still figuring a lot of things out.

Correct me if I am wrong but emergency prep seems like a relatively tiny discipline in the field of public health, maybe due to funding priority and low need.

You might want to look into public policy as well. It seems more relevant to me : )

• 2 weeks later...

Are you more interested in international disasters, or domestic ones? It is generally a growing field, although it isn't all that well established yet. A good place to start is looking at the FEMA Higher Ed List. It has lists of all of the programs in the US in different areas of study. For example: Emergency Management, Homeland Security, International Disaster Relief and Humanitarian Programs, and Public Health. I haven't ever found any sort of rankings for these specific programs, but that should at least give you a starting place for your research.