U Toronto 2012

Alright, who posted an acceptance by phone? Please tell me they called you because you're in Canada and that they're waiting until today to email me because they don't want to pay fees for calling internationally.

*hopeful/delusional face*

Checking in. I've been accepted to the MA program, but without funding. :( I'm thrilled but I just don't know how I can pull this off without a fellowship or other help.

Has anyone else heard anything?

• 2 weeks later...

Has U of T stipulated a date by which accepted students must confirm whether they will be attending or not? Jelkost and lesliemae, perhaps you can enlighten us wait-listers?

Thanks, Delarosa! Your date lines up with the date given to wait-listers. We were informed that we'd hear something by April 2nd.

Are you an MA or PhD applicant??

Edited by Vee

Congratulations, lesliemae! It must be such a relief to know where you're going to be in the fall. Did you never hear back from UBC?

Looks as though I'll have to twiddle my thumbs until April 2nd....

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Thought I'd chime in here. By now I'm sure everyone has heard back from the program. My call came in late Feb, and I accepted a place in the PhD cohort on April 2nd. I'll be moving to Toronto in early June and would definitely be up for some sort of meet & greet over the summer.

An English "meet & greet" before classes and orientation sounds like a wonderful idea! Any one else interested?

I don't know yet when I'll be in Toronto; I'm still wading through the lodging hunt--sigh.

Thought I'd chime in here. By now I'm sure everyone has heard back from the program. My call came in late Feb, and I accepted a place in the PhD cohort on April 2nd. I'll be moving to Toronto in early June and would definitely be up for some sort of meet & greet over the summer.

My house-hunt in Toronto has so far been difficult. Decent places are expensive and, surprisingly, competitive! Lots of open houses rather than private viewings. I'm not too familiar with the city so if anyone wants to offer any tips I'd gladly listen.

Let's wait for a bit and see if anyone else interested in a meet & greet turns up. I also have a couple email contacts from visitor's day, so hopefully we'll be able to get a group together.