York/Ryerson Communication and Culture - Heard Anything Yet?

tiffanyamber81

Hey everyone, I am not sure about York's offers but the ComCult program at Ryerson sent out about 16 offers at the beginning of the week. However, I think there are more spots I am not too sure... I just got an email with very little information. I think it wouldn't hurt to give them a call and check your status.

Uh, should I be trying to do that, too (sending it to Ryerson)? I haven't heard back anything either way.

the program at York e-mailed me asking permission to transfer. I wrote back saying that I don't mind. It's not a guarantee by any means, esp. considering that Ryerson has already sent out some PhD offers. Just another chance to be considered.

The e-mail said that they have already sent out PhD offers, but they obviously have a wait list, which is good.

I applied to York... they haven't sent out any email or funding info as of yet. But just this morning my status changed to admitted :)

Best of luck!!!

AH Yes!, haha, congrats! So you got in.

I haven't received an email either, but I saw your post, and got accepted as well :D (just today the status changed). Almost a shame to turn it down, York looks rad(ical).

Once I get the email I will share the funding info.

Lol, I didn't mean to sound... arrogant, sorry :). I am going to sfu cmns which is in my hometown and my undergrad program, and I really like it there and the faculty. York is super tempting though, especially in toronto!

I actually found a chance to speak to Steve Bailey at York last Friday and he said he had just signed the funding papers which have now gone for mailing. So if all goes right, we should be receiving our funding offers in mail by Monday or Tuesday.