What statistics doctoral programs should I apply to?

I graduated in 2011 with a BS in Math from a public university in Virginia. I'm working for an economic consulting firm right now, but would like to start a PhD program in Fall 2013 or 2014. If anyone could let me know what level of schools I should be looking at I would be very grateful.

I'm also wondering if there is anything I could do right now to improve my chances.

Overall GPA: 3.75

Math Courses:

• Multivariable Calculus
  • Linear Algebra
  • Foundations of Math (B+)
  • Abstract Algebra
  • Elementary Analysis
  • Ordinary Differential Equations
  • Seminar on PDEs in Biology (A-)
  • Complex Analysis (B+)
  • Population Dynamics
  • Probability
  • Mathematical Statistics

I also took Statistical Mechanics (A-) which is not really statistics-relevant but did help me understand probability better. In terms of computer science, I only took a data structures class taught in python but I used Matlab for research projects and use SAS at my current job.

I did a semester of real analysis and a semester of complex analysis. I only took the lower division linear algebra, and only one semester of abstract algebra. I took Probability and Mathematical Statistics, but not any applied statistics courses.

I probably should have taken more in-depth pure math courses as an undergrad, but I wasn't sure what I wanted to do and took a lot of biology/chemistry/physics.

Is this going to be a big problem for getting into grad schools? Is it only going to be a problem at top schools? If I were to take one class part time somewhere before applying, would a higher-level Linear Algebra class be best?

If you can, you'll want to take upper division Linear Algebra. The abstract algebra you have had will be sufficient to get you through the course. If you can get the final semester of Real under your belt I'd grab that as well, although property of the reals, sequences and continuity are the biggies they want out of that first semester.