Poll: what time of day was your acceptance email sent?

UnlikelyGrad

What time of day did the acceptance email arrive?  

41 members have voted

1. 1. What time of day did the acceptance email arrive?

• Before 9 am
    • 9 am-10 am
    • 10 am-11 am
    • 11 am-12 pm
    • 12 pm-1 pm
    • 1 pm-2pm
    • 2 pm-3pm
    • 3 pm-4pm
    • 4 pm-5 pm
    • After 5 pm

What time (note: time local to the accepting university) was your acceptance email sent? I know, I'm a bit obsessive, but I'm still checking my email every five minutes well past 6 pm every day.

I've let you choose up to 5 options in case you're one of those lucky people with multiple acceptance letters.

On that afternoon, I had been typing the rough draft of a paper at the library...and occasionally checking my email. Around 4:45 PM I decided that a) I was feeling like a slave to computers, and B) I wasn't likely to hear anything grad-school-wise for a while since it was now the end of the week. So I sent the document to myself, logged off the computer, walked back to my place, and didn't go on my computer all evening. The next morning I was enjoying not being on it 24/7, so I kept it up until the evening, when I had to turn on my computer in order to do some web-design work for a student club. What did I find in my school email the second I opened it up? An acceptance letter, received by my inbox at 7:53 PM on Friday (i.e. 4:53 PM Pacific time).

I just received a phone call at 5:55 PM (4:55 in my time zone) on a Friday, inviting me to an interview/visiting weekend! I had already given up on hearing anything today around 3 PM. The faculty member even called me on her personal cell and asked me to call her back before 8 PM or on Saturday with my decision... Weird, but awesome!