Master of Teaching - OISE/UT

Red Bull89

I think it was p.j applicants too. I don't know if this little piece of info may help any ones nerves but when i went, the 20 minutes I sat waiting to be called for my interview 100% of the applicants were female. So i found that a bit odd since (I assume) a lot of people apply for this masters, and (if hypothetically) it was all age cohorts (p/j, j/i or i/s) then there must have been at least one male... [since I know most males that applied usually are interested in j/i and i/s] 

maybe its because in p.j there are no teachables and therefore an interview is the only way to asses the applicants? Who knows, but your not the only one I can tell you that much! 

&yes that residence email was a tease lol 

That is Great news!! :) 

Do you know what age cohort it is? (I guess you may not since I had no idea what I was going to until the interview and they mentioned it) If not, could you please tell me after your interview? I just want some sort of closure to the whole interview thing or if we get more than one etc since I/S was my first choice and j/i my second. I never got the email you received (which is for a different age group)

Nevertheless, I am super happy you got an interview! And TRY (lol) not to be too nervous because they really are nice people and will try their best to make the whole thing less intimidating :)

Thank you!! Yes, I got the email on Friday! I was SOO happy!!!

I have no idea what age cohort it is for. I applied to the j/I, and I really don't want to teach p/j...but if I get accepted, I'd still be really happy!

I believe (I could be wrong) that there is only one interview in this process, so the next step should be an offer.

Thank you for the tip, Mary2014! I will TRY not to be nervous, but I know I will be!

Good luck to all who applied!

I am a letter of reference/information verifier for one applicant who applied to this program.  I received a verifier email this afternoon giving me 5 days to respond.

So you will all be finding out shortly!

I didn't applied to the Master's in Teaching, but I was a verifier for a student as she volunteers within my charity.

I was just sharing this information as it means they'll be deciding soon! :)

I was interviewed on the 19th of Feb as well, and I'd applied to the I/S and J/I category. So I think the 19th was a day when there were a lot of interviews for all 3 categories. It really was on an industrial scale (ok, maybe I'm exaggerating but it was a lot of people - interviewers and interviewees). But, since someone recently got an interview, people who haven't gotten one needn't lose hope! 

Wishing everyone good luck for when the results come in! Cheers!  :)

I had my interview this morning, and it seemed like they only had an interview scheduled every half hour or so. I was alone waiting for the previous interview to finish, and when I left, I saw only one person waiting. I don't know how helpful this info is, but it surprised me considering everyone else seemed to say there were a lot of people being interviewed when they went.

Edited by cg08

• 2 weeks later...

Just got my acceptance in the mail for J/I and I/S! Probably gonna go with I/S! 

Hope everyone got their acceptances too!  :)

Cheers! 

Edited by Sagan

Thank you cg08! 

And the date on the letter was March 14, 2014.

Good luck to you all!

Cheers

Hi. How about the Language and Literacies Program (M.ed) at CTL? Do you have any information about this? I am a candidate from Beijing Foreign Studies University and just participated in the exchange program at the U of T. Just Wondering that whether CTL prefers candidates with rich teaching experience or high GPA?

Congradulations!and I will keep my fingers crossed!!

Just got my acceptance in the mail for J/I and I/S! Probably gonna go with I/S! 

Hope everyone got their acceptances too!  :)

Cheers! 

Hi. How about the Language and Literacies Program (M.ed) at CTL? Do you have any information about this? I am a candidate from Beijing Foreign Studies University and just participated in the exchange program at the U of T. Just Wondering that whether CTL prefers candidates with rich teaching experience or high GPA?

Good luck to all who applied!

I am a letter of reference/information verifier for one applicant who applied to this program.  I received a verifier email this afternoon giving me 5 days to respond.

So you will all be finding out shortly!

Hi. How about the Language and Literacies Program (M.ed) at CTL? Do you have any information about this? I am a candidate from Beijing Foreign Studies University and just participated in the exchange program at the U of T. Just Wondering that whether CTL prefers candidates with rich teaching experience or high GPA? Can I ask you something in detail? My e-mail is: Margaret0318h@163.com

Urgh. Great. Well, I called in and they had to send my offer of admission via e-mail in the form of a PDF file, lol...

Hi. How about the Language and Literacies Program (M.ed) at CTL? Do you have any information about this? I am a candidate from Beijing Foreign Studies University and just participated in the exchange program at the U of T. Just Wondering that whether CTL prefers candidates with rich teaching experience or high GPA? Can I ask you something in detail? My e-mail is: Margaret0318h@163.com

I just received an email today, I have an interview on the 6th!

Nope I received my letter last week and submitted my conformation form yesterday and my SGS status still says "under review".

Received a letter of acceptance for the masters of teaching program j/I in the mail this morning!! The letter is dated march 15. Good luck to those who applied!

Hey, I have received Official Letters of Admissions to both the programs I had applied to. I received them on the 19th of March, they are dated to approximately the 14 of March and therefore have three weeks to respond (from the date posted on the letters). I will be rejecting both levels as I will be accepted another offer at OISE. 

Therefore, best of luck to anyone on the wait-list! Hope these two rejections makes someone else smile :)

Congratulations and goodluck everyone!

Congrats MAMT !!! :D

I still have not received anything in the mail :( Im hoping sometime soon! Is your sgs updated? Or is it posted on rosi (for current uoft students)?

Got my acceptance letter in the mail today too for both MT and CSE! 

Would anyone mind shedding some light on the differences between the two programs? I thought I knew but now I'm a little confused. 

Congrats MAMT !!! :D

I still have not received anything in the mail :( Im hoping sometime soon! Is your sgs updated? Or is it posted on rosi (for current uoft students)?

My SGS has not been updated and therefore, says "Under Review". And it has been posted on ROSI, an invitation for the program. The first day I noticed it was there was on Monday, March 17th 2014... well around there.