Master of Teaching - OISE/UT

Red Bull89

Thanks MAMT, I'm hoping that since my interview was a bit later than the rest were that i get a letter this week or next! My fingers are crossed!

GUYS!

Make sure you give in your acceptances ASAP. I just noticed mine was dated March 14th which means my last day to accept is TOMORROW even though I only physically received the letter last week. I totally had to rush this morning to get it express posted. 

GUYS!

Make sure you give in your acceptances ASAP. I just noticed mine was dated March 14th which means my last day to accept is TOMORROW even though I only physically received the letter last week. I totally had to rush this morning to get it express posted. 

When I read this I had a mini-heart attack! I called OISE Graduate Admissions immediately and they said, the last date is April 4th! Not, 28th March! *Phew*

Nonetheless, I'm going to go to OISE personally tomorrow, and hand that acceptance in!  :P

Btw, decided to accept MA, so hopefully two MT spots open up for the rest of you!  :)

Cheers! 

Edited by Sagan

Wait WHAT?! It says it's 3 weeks from the date given on the letter!! And since mine was the 14th it would suggest the 28th would be 3 weeks exactly. 

SO I also had a freakout for nothing?!?

Sagan, you may have just made my day. But regardless I posted it with express shipping so it should get there tomorrow just in case. 

Edited by peachxxo

Yes peach! Mine came on the 14th as well, and I asked them and they said its 3 weeks from 14th, not including that one! 

So hope that makes you feel better! And alas, it is true that you were freaking out for nothing! But better to be safe, than sorry right!? So no worries!  :D

Hey Sagan,

I'm a current student at uoft, so I already have a ROSI account. However, I'm assuming that if you have your student number you may be able to make a ROSI account? I'm not too sure, sorry! :(

I still have not received anything in the mail :( Each day that passes is torture! :( I really hope I find out sometime this week!

This might sound particularly noobish, but how does one go about getting a ROSI account? 

Much thanks!

i'm pretty sure we have to wait for us to be officially accepted into the program before we get our U of T emails 

and cg08 i hope so too! i sent in my decline letter to MT so spots will be open .. just not sure if they intend on filling them 

So I originally applied to the BEd program at OISE and got an email from them in March asking if, as an "exceptional applicant", I wanted my application to also be considered for the MT program. I just found out today that I've not been accepted to the BEd program even though I met all requirements, so I'm currently on a waitlist for that. Because of that, I'm not too optimistic about my MT application being successful, but I'd like to know before I have to reply to my other offers of admission... Anyone else in this position? I'm at a loss. I also don't understand how I could be somehow flagged as an 'exceptional applicant' and then not given admission...but that's another story. If there are any other people who applied late, have you heard anything yet?

So I originally applied to the BEd program at OISE and got an email from them in March asking if, as an "exceptional applicant", I wanted my application to also be considered for the MT program. I just found out today that I've not been accepted to the BEd program even though I met all requirements, so I'm currently on a waitlist for that. Because of that, I'm not too optimistic about my MT application being successful, but I'd like to know before I have to reply to my other offers of admission... Anyone else in this position? I'm at a loss. I also don't understand how I could be somehow flagged as an 'exceptional applicant' and then not given admission...but that's another story. If there are any other people who applied late, have you heard anything yet?

I could have written this post myself! :( I am in the exact same position.

It is extremely frustrating...especially because we have to make a decision about other offers. Have you been contacted about a interview?

I could have written this post myself! :( I am in the exact same position.

It is extremely frustrating...especially because we have to make a decision about other offers. Have you been contacted about a interview?

No interview, haven't heard anything from them at all since I applied, other than the generic housing emails. What about you?

Nothing. 

I think we will have to accept another offer (pay the deposit) and then back out if we get an offer for MT. I highly doubt that we will get any kind of final decision from them anytime soon considering we haven't even been contacted for an interview. 

Is MT your first choice? 

Nothing. 

I think we will have to accept another offer (pay the deposit) and then back out if we get an offer for MT. I highly doubt that we will get any kind of final decision from them anytime soon considering we haven't even been contacted for an interview. 

Is MT your first choice? 

Agreed, especially since they say decisions will be made between April and June... Oh well, not the end of the world. Glad I'm not the only one in this situation though! It's so frustrating. 

To be honest, I'm kind of on the fence about what is my first choice - if I end up hearing back from them at any point and do get accepted, it'll be a huge decision for me. I had never even considered doing a masters program until I got the email from them asking if I wanted to, so it's hard to say. I think a BEd might be just as good for me right now! Did you apply to other schools for teacher's college, too?

Agreed, especially since they say decisions will be made between April and June... Oh well, not the end of the world. Glad I'm not the only one in this situation though! It's so frustrating. 

To be honest, I'm kind of on the fence about what is my first choice - if I end up hearing back from them at any point and do get accepted, it'll be a huge decision for me. I had never even considered doing a masters program until I got the email from them asking if I wanted to, so it's hard to say. I think a BEd might be just as good for me right now! Did you apply to other schools for teacher's college, too?

I feel the same way. I hadn't even heard of the program until I got that email. It would be really hard to turn down an offer...it seems like an amazing opportunity.

I applied to other teachers colleges and got accepted everywhere but OISE (which is crazy bc after I got that email I was pretty confident that I would get in). I think I will end up at Queens. I'm really excited :)

Where are you thinking of going?

I feel the same way. I hadn't even heard of the program until I got that email. It would be really hard to turn down an offer...it seems like an amazing opportunity.

I applied to other teachers colleges and got accepted everywhere but OISE (which is crazy bc after I got that email I was pretty confident that I would get in). I think I will end up at Queens. I'm really excited :)

Where are you thinking of going?

Yep, pretty much exactly the same here. Seems like a great program but since I didn't apply for it originally, my heart isn't set on it. I applied and got into my two other choices and think I'm going to be at Trent next year!

Yep, pretty much exactly the same here. Seems like a great program but since I didn't apply for it originally, my heart isn't set on it. I applied and got into my two other choices and think I'm going to be at Trent next year!

Congrats!

Let me know if you hear anything about the MT!

Hi all!

congrats to those that have received offers to MT, bEd or other programs. I was wondering if anyone who got through to an MT interview has received their letter in the mail yet? Is it a normal sized envelope, or a larger one that comes with other information etc.? 

Edited by Student15

Hi all!

congrats to those that have received offers to MT, bEd or other programs. I was wondering if anyone who got through to an MT interview has received their letter in the mail yet? Is it a normal sized envelope, or a larger one that comes with other information etc.? 

i got mine in the mail in a normal sized envelope ... i think once you accept they send you the big one with more details 

So i did not get accepted into the MT program. I will be doing my BEd instead. Congrats to all who got in, and goodluck to everyone still waiting. Got my letter in the mail on Wednesday.

How was the interview for everyone? What kind of questions were you asked?

Any input would be so appreciated!

Did you get contacted for an interview? I just got an email from them to set up a skype interview (I live outside the GTA). Nervous now!

Did you get contacted for an interview? I just got an email from them to set up a skype interview (I live outside the GTA). Nervous now!

No. I haven't heard anything. But I only completed my application on Friday (It was difficult for my prof to write a reference letter any earlier). Good luck! Let me know how it goes.