about unfunded offers: do I need to pay tuition?

goodluck

An urgent question: I have received an unfunded acceptance from GWU. Then do I need to pay tuition about 4k dollars each year? Or, I only need to cover my stipend with an exemption of the tuition?

PS: anyone knows any information about external funding for non-US citizens?

Thanks very much!

Unfunded generally means you have to pay tuition on top of your cost of living expenses. Also, I'm pretty sure that tuition is significantly higher that 4k per year, but you'd have to check the school's website.

Keep in mind it's also possible to get outside funding! Good luck!

Unfunded generally means you have to pay tuition on top of your cost of living expenses. Also, I'm pretty sure that tuition is significantly higher that 4k per year, but you'd have to check the school's website.

Keep in mind it's also possible to get outside funding! Good luck!

That's terrible! I will never make that much money all my life....

Yea... the website shows $1200 per credit hour, so assuming a 9-hour (3-course) load per semester, that comes out to $21,600 per annum. Plus the costs of living in the D.C. metro, which is exceptionally expensive.

Tough to pass on an offer, but unless you have lots of cash to burn, I'd say pass...