Psychology and Law

digits2006

Hello graduate school prospects!!

I wont be applying to graduate school til next decemeber but i do feel your pain. I am waiting to hear back from Nebraska about a year long research program and will be applying to four summer programs. I was wondering if anyone is applying to Psych and law area( jury decision making, eye witness testimony, etc) If so, which schools are you applying to. i have research the programs and i have found these schools :

ASU

U of arizona

University of California Irvine

University of Texas El Paso

University of Illinois at Chicago

Florida International

Tufts

Nebraska

Florida International? really? I don't think that one is on par w/the rest of your schools.

Good luck!

Well FIU is one of the few programs that has the degree in "legal psychology" Also, they are a research 1 school. But I see them at a lower par then the rest.

Socialpsych,

Thanks, I looked at UC davis and found some legal psychologist in the developmental area!

I don't know if it helps, but I applied to UC Irvine to work with Dr. Loftus, but they told me they thought my app fit better in the neurobiology dept, so they switched it for me (I have experience and interest in both fields, memory overall).

I don't know if it helps, but I applied to UC Irvine to work with Dr. Loftus, but they told me they thought my app fit better in the neurobiology dept, so they switched it for me (I have experience and interest in both fields, memory overall).

Yeah I want to apply to UCI. Loftus is so well known I am afraid this school will get a lot more applications because it is a UC school and because she works there.

• 2 months later...

yup.. SFU is well know for their Psych and Law Program. As far as memory and eye witness-- Loftus is on of the leading experts in the field. Gary Wells works with Loftus so you may also want to check if he accepts student. Jodi Quas at UCI also does memory research involving children.