senioritis

euphonius38

I deliberately gave myself a bit of a tougher workload last semester, because I know spring semester is always rough for me. Not to mention my last semester. Not to mention I knew I'd either be accepted into grad school or not somewhat early in the semester (in this case, I do have an acceptance already). For now things are going alright, but I know it's going to get worse as the semester rolls on and I'm eager to move onto the next stage.

Ugh, I'm suffering major senioritis. Which is bad, because I don't think I got in anywhere this time around so my grades most likely will matter. I wish I could just know now so I could either buckle down and do my work or get an acceptance and not have to worry!

I'm coming to the realisation that I'm two and a half months away from handing in my senior thesis and I've written not one word. It's only 12,000 words, but I'd quite like those words to be well crafted. The two annoyingly short essays I have to do beforehand are proving a major disincentive though. I'm just sick of doing third-year level work that I kind of feel I've proved I can do already over and over...

I think it's about time for 7am starts and militantly early bed times...

Yes! So I passed my senior comprehensive exercise. I got into grad school. I graduate in 4 weeks. I have all my requirements done and don't even need to pass the classes I'm taking now except for the fact that such a dropoff would look bad on my final transcript. So I can barely make myself do anything. I'm not even bothering to look at assignments or study for tests more than a few hours before they're due. I never caught up on my sleep after freaking out about applications and my senior project, so I'm tired all the time and only want to watch movies and play online. I mean, I suppose after all this I deserve some slack, but I feel like I'm giving myself more than I've earned.