Reapplying

GradWannabe

Things have not gone as I had hoped with my grad school applications. Results have been rejection, waitlist, acceptance into a different program than the one I applied to with no funding (though who knows, second round funding could come through). Unless some sort of miracle happens with the waitlist school (i.e. admittance with funding), I am not feeling very good about matriculation in the fall.

I *am* feeling that waiting another year could help me. It would give me a chance to try to boost my GRE scores, get more experience, save some more money, and do some soul searching to get more clarity of purpose.

Has anyone else here gone through this or know someone who has where waiting and reapplying were the right choice? Is there any sort of stigma the admissions committee attaches to people who reapply if they have been rejected before from the school?

I kind of don't want to wait it out and delay my graduate education further than I already have, but at the same time, I want a second shot at getting into a program I am truly interested in.

• 6 years later...