Goodard: M.F.A; Low Residency Interdisciplinary Arts...Your Thoughts?

Eboni_Rain

Anyone know about Goodard and their M.F.A. in Interdisciplinary Arts program? From what I gather they have two options: low residency program in The MFA in Interdisciplinary Arts offers two low-residency site options: http://www.goddard.edu/masterfinearts_interdisciplinaryarts

•in the East at Goddard’s historic Plainfield, VT campus

•since 2007 in the West at the Port Townsend, WA residency site.

They accept applicants up until one month prior to the residency (residency is in late July and is 8 days in summer and 4 days in winter). The programduring the fall and spring is self-directed with periodic check ins.

Anyone here have experience or knowledge with the program, or knows of anyone who has? Thanks!

Anyone know about Goodard and their M.F.A. in Interdisciplinary Arts program? From what I gather they have two options: low residency program in The MFA in Interdisciplinary Arts offers two low-residency site options: http://www.goddard.e...isciplinaryarts

•in the East at Goddard’s historic Plainfield, VT campus

•since 2007 in the West at the Port Townsend, WA residency site.

They accept applicants up until one month prior to the residency (residency is in late July and is 8 days in summer and 4 days in winter). The programduring the fall and spring is self-directed with periodic check ins.

Anyone here have experience or knowledge with the program, or knows of anyone who has? Thanks!

As much as I was moaning to myself about not applying to one of these programs (a low residency program), I agree with 'michaelwebster': unless it's really affordable in comparison to the average MFA program, I think you'll have a hard time dealing with the huge vacuum of not having the daily interaction with your peers and immediate access to faculty; how do you replace that? I'd rather pay way more and wait until accepted in a traditional program...

I sooo have to agree with both of you. My concerns exactly. It is not really cheap/...little over 6 grand per semester...plus travel and room and board during the residency. In addition, it looks like there is very...and I mean VERY, little funds to help pay. The first thing they mention is completing the Federal financial aid form to request loan money. Plus, you learn so much from our peers and daily active discussion.

Thanks for replying