University of Washington

seattlebound

still waitin'! I can see on the results survey that PHD students for the program I applied to heard back on 03/15 (Higher Ed, Leadership and Policy, masters). Haven't heard a peep tho!

I'm also masters, but I think I heard around the same time as at least some PhD people. I did hear that someone asked why we didn't hear on the "target date" for admissions results, and the the answer was that they'd be sending out notices "within the next few weeks." If you don't hear soon, you might want to contact them. I just received the form to mail back if I decide to attend and it's not due until June.

They aren't admitting any master's students to EDLPS this this year due to funding restrictions. So it's not a real reject, but it's a reject - at least they'll give me my money back for the app fee. Way to kill my streak UW!

They aren't admitting any master's students to EDLPS this this year due to funding restrictions. So it's not a real reject, but it's a reject - at least they'll give me my money back for the app fee. Way to kill my streak UW!

Sorry to hear that. Funding restrictions? UW usually funds masters students in that program? Seems like they have trouble funding PhDs, period.

Thanks - I'm not sure what's going on, although if the University of Washington system is experiencing anything like the UC system, then it likely received a mid-year budget cut that wasn't anticipated. "Due to the very limited faculty resources we will have available for offering quality advising during the upcoming academic year, we have elected to not admit any new Master of Education students into the Higher Education program for 2012."

I'm sorry to anyone who was waiting on this program. I do think it is better for them to not admit students than it is for them to admit students and not have the resources available to make it a quality experience for the students.

Seems like they have trouble funding PhDs, period.

The College of Ed website is not very encouraging. It makes it sound like RA/TA positions are limited and competitive. I don't think I could handle the stress of worrying about how to pay for my PhD from quarter to quarter. Really? I think it's stressful enough without having to worry about that. When I spoke with my potential adviser, he made it sound as if private institutions are doing better than the big public universities (I told him that I had a tough decision to make and was concerned about funding, and he assumed that my other choice was a private, not public, university).

Hmmm. I heard back from University of Washington awhile back for their masters program - I was accepted into the education policy cohort with a pretty generous scholarship funding.

These are in limited supply. Congrats on getting a scholarship!

These are in limited supply. Congrats on getting a scholarship!

Thanks! I would have gone to school for free if I were instate, but since I'm not, the tuition is totally out of my range, even with the scholarship. I'm more than likely going to turn their offer down :(