Question

confused_soul

I got admitted to my No 2 choice and am waiting to hear from my No 1 yet.

The university (No 2) has sent an invitation for the visit day. However, there has been no mention of any funding so far. I am in contact with a Prof in whose research I am very much interested. I also met him during a conference and he was quite nice and introduced to his grp saying that I would be joining his group. However still there has been no word about funding. In one of the email conversations, I asked him several questions and also asked abt funding in a polite way. He said he has some grants pending and would come to know of it in the next few months.

I am a little worried as there is no way I could go for a Phd without aid. I am interested in his research but there is no way I could afford it. Any suggestions on this?

I would wait till you hear about funding from #1. Then you can tell #2 that you are very interested in their program, but that you need to know about funding, and that this other school that you would also be interested in attending has offered you a funding package.

For sure, I am going to the visit day as I want to decide properly btw my No1 and No2, though there has been no decision from No1 yet.....

But the point I am worried is when will I come to know about funding? So far according to the results on this website evryone has got an admit w/o any word on funding....

I am thinking of making it clear on the visit day as to regarding the funding aspect(Mar 13).