NDSEG 2012 - Fundopolotoplotopus

andrealphus

Question for those that got it. I can log in and access my award, but when I try to open the award package I get an error message. What gives?

Yeah same message. It says they were notified so they may just be resolving it but wanted to release the notifications by the 15th.

They may be doing this field-by-field, and keep the faith -- last year they didn't notify some people that they were on the waitlist, they just received the award much later.

Question for those that got it. I can log in and access my award, but when I try to open the award package I get an error message. What gives?

what do you mean open the award package? there's an award screen and on the sidebar it says "award overview" but this just shows you the award screen. I thinking that it may be because when you log in it's already on "award overview".

what do you mean open the award package? there's an award screen and on the sidebar it says "award overview" but this just shows you the award screen. I thinking that it may be because when you log in it's already on "award overview".

There is a PDF package referenced that needs to be mailed in, but it's not accessible yet. "award package"

I'm guessing I didn't get NDSEG since I have not received an email yet but I did get NSF and I have been thinking about the "what if" I won both. Here are a couple posts off the NSF thread that explain some of the differences. Congrats on getting both

Thanks, acg, for this information. Congrats on winning your NSF!

It seems strange that acceptance and rejection e-mails would go out separately, especially seprated by several hours. Like some have said, they might be going by discipline, though I still feel like they'd send everything out at once.

I'm guessing they haven't posted awards for Biosciences. Since it has one of the highest absolute numbers of awards, seems like there would be someone who'd been able to log in, otherwise.

how about Cognitive, Neural, and Behavioral Sciences?

I'm also Cognitive, Neural, and Behavioral Sciences and haven't heard anything, but unfortunately, I think someone a few pages back was also cog and could access the awards page...

Although there's a small possibility that some departments just haven't submitted the list of awardees yet, surely there are many people who are already definite "no"s and I think they deserve a notification at the same time that the acceptance notifications went out. GIven that notifications were promised by today and for many people (like me) it's also the deadline to make important grad school decisions for next year, I'm really frustrated by still being left hanging at this point.

If they can't quite accomplish efficiency, at least a little transparency on their part would go a long way. The whole "please be advised" thing on their FB page was quite patronizing.

I agree with a comment someone made many pages back: basically, the awarding agencies are like college students, waiting til the last minute then rushing to get the results out to people. If they couldn't definitely get us the results by april 15th, they should've said a later date, then surprised us with earlier results if they came in. And it should all be at one time, not some people getting notifications and others not getting anything. For some of us (me included) this dictates the direction the following year(s) will go and getting ulcers waiting to make other decisions is not a good thing. I already figure I don't have the fellowship, but it would be nice to get a definite yes or no so I could move on.

Although there's a small possibility that some departments just haven't submitted the list of awardees yet, surely there are many people who are already definite "no"s and I think they deserve a notification at the same time that the acceptance notifications went out. GIven that notifications were promised by today and for many people (like me) it's also the deadline to make important grad school decisions for next year, I'm really frustrated by still being left hanging at this point.

I would let your schools know that you're decision is hanging on whether you get the NDSEG fellowship and that so far they have been late in announcing. A tentative "yes" to a school with this caveat would be understandable. Personally, I'd say yes to every school with this caveat and then adjust it once I hear. What are they going to do, sue you because you gave somebody on the wait-list a spot?