Grad School Fall 2012!

LindsayLiz

Hi everyone!

I know that on the Fall 2012 thread most people are posting where they were accepted. Has anyone made a concrete decision about where they will be attending next year?

I decided to go to UNC Chapel Hill (still waiting on any funding information) but I am so excited! Is anyone else thinking about going there?

I've accepted UT-Austin's offer, and I'm super excited! I never thought this Californian would be living in Texas, but Austin seems like a super cool city. ;)

Congrats on making decisions, everyone! It's so hard!

It's so exciting to hear about acceptances!

I only applied to UNC-Chapel Hill (I need to be in the triangle for personal reasons, so if it doesn't work then it just must not be time), and I'm still waiting to hear back.

I was just curious, LindsayLiz, if you don't mind, when did you apply and hear back from UNC? How long did it take for them to make a decision? I keep telling myself it's way too early to hear from them, as I only submitted everything a few weeks ago, but I'm still unable to tear myself away from anxiously refreshing my email inbox...

Marebear... I submitted my application early, November 11. I heard March 13th. I think they are accepting people in waves. Definitely check your email a lot. It was a note saying to check my status on the web page.

I know a lot of schools are still letting people know. I still haven't heard from UMD one way or another and they wanted an answer on the 20th.

• 2 weeks later...

I just accepted University of Alberta (which is also where I did my undergrad). I got accepted to University of Toronto and I really wanted to go, but my bank account didn't agree.

Amen to that! U of T is unreasonably expensive in every aspect. *sigh*

I will be headed to the University of Western Ontario this fall!

I applied last application season and deferred admission to try to figure out the funding situation. It just resolved itself and I have absolutely no reservations about attending University of Michigan SI this fall. Last year there were a several of us considering UMich, but I (as a creepy lurker) haven't seen many this year. Anyone else thinking about attending UMich?

• 3 weeks later...

I had to choose between University of Buffalo, Rutgers and Syracuse and decided on Rutgers yesterday. Both Rutgers and Syracuse gave me partial scholarship funding BUT Rutgers has a Ph.D. program I'm really interested in so I figured I'd try to increase my chances of acceptance by being visible. Good luck to everyone. Is anyone else out there going to Rutgers? Oh, I'm an online student...