Outside scholarships/fellowships for MEd Higher Ed Admin?

HigherEd2013

It seems like there are a bunch of outside scholarships for grad students who want to teach at high-needs high schools, but what about outside funding for higher ed admin? I'm not applying to schools until next year, but I honestly don't know where to start looking. It doesn't seem smart to only rely on the school funding (or lack thereof) when I'm only wanting a masters degree.

Thoughts? Where did you look for outside funding?

It seems like there are a bunch of outside scholarships for grad students who want to teach at high-needs high schools, but what about outside funding for higher ed admin? I'm not applying to schools until next year, but I honestly don't know where to start looking. It doesn't seem smart to only rely on the school funding (or lack thereof) when I'm only wanting a masters degree.

Thoughts? Where did you look for outside funding?

To be fair, most M.Ed programs in Higher Ed funding tend to be pretty well funded, or tie a lot of aid to your getting an assistantship (which you'd want anyway for the experience). Siince you have some time, I'd look into scholarships from professional organizations within higher ed (like NACA, NODA, etc). The awards are usually pretty small, but it's a start. There are also some general scholarships for graduate students you might be able to seek out that can be applied to any field, it just takes a bit more searching and they also tend to be small.