Jump to content

Making a Decision and hearing back from schools


Recommended Posts


So I'm in a bit of a dilemma. I applied to a total of 6 schools and only heard back from 2, both of which I got accepted to (a third decision should be in by Monday). One of the schools wants me to reply with my decision by April 15th. The dilemma is that I want to hear back from all of my schools before making a decision. I contacted one of the schools and they said we would hear back in May or June.

I don't want to decline admission to the schools I have already been accepted to and end up getting rejected by Hunter College. Additionally, I also don't want to accept an offer and then end up getting into a school I would much rather go to.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Also, if it's not too much trouble, what do you think about attending CUNY Hunter for grad school? I know about the stigma for CUNY schools but it's one of the more affordable schools I could attend. Let me know and thanks in advance.

Edited by phinxd
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Anyone at your undergrad institution you can ask advice of? If there's a graduate program director at your old schoo it might be a good idea to ask them how to handle that situation (provided you didn't actually apply to that program).

I did my undergrad at Hunter and loved it, but when it comes to professional degrees like the MPH, the best thing to do is talk to practitioners and find out how it's regarded.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.