NYU MHC wait list?

musiclovepsych

Has anyone heard from NYU about being wait listed for the masters in mental health and wellness program yet? I see that people have received acceptance emails and rejection emails, but I haven't heard from them yet and when I called it seemed like they hinted that I was wait listed. Thoughts?

Editing on 3/29 to add:

I still haven't heard from NYU yet, either- I did call them as well but they just told me that all letters should be sent out by the end of the week (via email).

Beyond that... From what I understand, NYU's counseling program gets a lot of applications each year, and also accepts a fair amount of people into the program. That might be good news, if you are actually on a waiting list; there are more people to turn down spots. And because most schools have an April 15th deadline to notify, you should hear pretty quickly.

I'd hang on until you actually get some sort of official correspondence from them- it sounds like your phone call didn't give you too many answers. What were they able to tell you?

I talked to another person in admissions, and they confirmed that I was in fact waitlisted, and that everyone should hear within 48 hours via email ( I talked to them yesterday).

What they also said was that the wait list was not in any type of priority order, and that they were going to wait until April 30 and at that point they would assess how many spots they had available and then contact the wait listed people to see if they were still interested, etc. The incoming class is maxed out at 45 people, and they wouldn't tell me how many they accepted, and how many were waitlisted, but they did say that over 600 applied.

I was accepted and declined my place the same day in the hopes that someone would benefit from it. Hope it works out! :)