Univ. of Washington fellowship waiting list

lolifer

I've been trying to get a sense of where I stand at UW. I've been told I'm on the waiting list for funding, but have no idea how high on the list, and haven't been able to get hold of anyone at the Department who can tell me anything. So - is there anybody here who's been offered a fellowship and plans to decline? Anybody else who's on the waiting list for one?

I don't know about this year, but I've had friends apply to UW in the past, and my sense is that everyone is on the waitlist at first. The way to get offered funding there is to visit and show your interest in them. Talking to the graduate coordinators of some other programs this year, it seems that there has been a lot of hesitancy about offering definitive funding to any students they haven't met in person. UW, I guess, doesn't have an official prospective students weekend visit or anything, so it's up to you to take the initiative and arrange a visit with the graduate program coordinator.

Sorry I don't know any current UW prospectives this year. Hope it all works out!

There is no University of Washington in St. Louis -- that's Washington University. I guess it could be confusing, but generally U of wherever is the state school of whatever state it refers to.

It can be even more confusing -- there are some school names that only differ in that one is Something University and the other is Something College.