Education Peeps

lrpgxf

Hi everyone,

Last May I graduated with a B.S. in Speech Language Pathology. It's pretty brutal getting into grad programs for this field, and after applying two years in a row I decided to switch things up.

That being said, I've been subbing for my local school district for the past year. I have found that I have a passion and love Special Education. So I decided to go for my teaching certification (Missouri). after doing research (emailing programs and such) I found out that I only need three extra classes to earn my masters. I'm going to go for it, and hope for the best.

I know this is the annoying question, but after the brutal two application seasons i've gone through without success I feel like i'm scarred. I am wondering how competitive this field is to get into school wise. My stats aren't the greatest, undergrad gpa of 3.3 and gre of 950. Like I said earlier, i'm hoping for the best, and i'm tired of feeling like i'm failing at life.

So, cheers to helping kids!