UConn vs SUNY Stony Brook for Stats PhD

Which is a better program for Statistics?

I was accepted into both. A little background about myself:

I have a BS in Mathematics, and a Masters in Stats. I am leaning towards pursuing a career in academia upon graduation, but it's not 100%. I know Stony Brook isn't AS good as UConn, but is it that much worse? I have various reasons that I'd want to attend Stony Brook over UConn, but if the academics just don't add up, there is no point. Any advice / knowledge would be greatly appreciated!

Yeah, it's more of a personal decision that I'd want to go to Stony. One being that it's close to home, friends, gf, etc.

There isn't any other reason I'd rather go to Stony over UConn. In fact, I think Stony Brook has a weaker program. That's what I wanted to confirm here.

Their Statistics 'department' is located within the Applied Math department, meaning they only share some of the resources. There are only 6 professors at Stony Brook doing Statistics versus 15 - 20 at UConn. It also seems the graduates don't fare as well in academia.

I basically just wanted someone to confirm this was true, so I don't think I'm just crazy.

If you have completed a MSc in stats, then you should have a general idea as to which research area you would like to go into. Go with the department which better fits your research interests.