• 2 weeks later...

from what i hear from the insiders, cornell has gone through some major budget cuts and is having a really hard time making decisions. i guess that's the case in a lot of places, but at least from what i can gather they're not done looking through applications.

fingers crossed!

And I've heard Cornell is an altogether sad and depressed place. Something to think about. I was just at a visiting weekend for another school, and 5 of the G1s said they all turned down Cornell for their current institution because it seemed like students were way too unhappy.

Imagine that. Grad school. Unhappy. Heh.

I just emailed Cornell, and they've emailed back. Rejection. Not only that, but rejections will be mailed out this week, sadly.

They've seemed to already have made acceptances.

Ugh. Now I'm tempted to email and just have it done with. I might do that later this week, since I'll be on Spring Break next and may as well have the bad news beforehand. So I can drink more.

I feel that way too. Why can't they just shoot me a rejection notice? I hate knowing that knowing that rejection is imminent. They already cocked the gun...pull the trigger already!! I am already toeing the line. Just pull on the blind fold, give me my last cigarette, and pull the trigger.

Finally received the inevitable rejection letter from Cornell. I have to admit, even though I had little hope of getting into my dream program, it's very humbling to see those dreams go up in smoke.

I'm just glad I had a glass of wine in me to break the blow.

I also got my rejection letter as well, and, oddly enough, someone else's too! (though I didn't open it, it was the same size and shape as mine, so i can only assume) Somehow a guy with the same last name as me got his letter sent to my house, even though the address on the envelope is addressed to an apartment in a different state! I called Cornell today to let them know, and whoever answered couldn't have been more apathetic. I told her what had happened and she just said "uh ok, well I'll pass it on." She didn't even ask for his name and address!!! Grrr, the apathy of some of these people really gets me going. So anyway, if you happen to check this website and haven't gotten a letter yet, PM me and I'll let you know if it's yours or not!

Fully expecting to get my rejection letter today as well. Weird thing, though - I randomly checked their application website, and apparently I never requested the 3rd letter of rec from my prof. :oops: A stupid mistake, admittedly, but most other programs have emailed me when there was a snafu (mostly with my transcripts being in my maiden name). I have to imagine that either my application was SO bad they didn't even bother to ask for the 3rd letter, or this is a mistake that is a red flag to them, OR they are just a bunch of jerks. I intend to favor the "fate is telling me I shouldn't go there anyway" theory, though I wish I hadn't had to waste $70 to find that out.