Fulbright 2013-2014

Cyclone88

Yeah. Him and my 1 year old. And if he gets it, I and my son will tag along with him! No extra $$ for our programs, but it's worth it.. If I get it, we'll go to Luxembourg, and my son could learn French (or German or Luxembourgish) at an early age.

And maybe if you get it he'll realize if he liked it then he shoulda put a ring on it. Oh oh oh...

Haha.. Getting a little crazy here waiting.

But for real, I'm sure he's a great guy! Good luck to you! (With fulbright and the ring!) ;)

What is your husband's proposal? I'm curious since we both applied to Ireland.  :ph34r:

I'm a marketing associate at a company near Chicago! I graduated from undergrad in Dec 2011 and I've been working here for 6 months. Thankfully I am suuuuper busy today or I would truly go nuts!

That's awesome! That would be such a cool experience for your family, it's just too bad the little 'un will be too young to really remember it.

As for the ring.. I had kind of been discouraging it for a while, even though I knew it was inevitable. Commitment phobia, I guess. Now I'm getting to the point where I'm just like.. this is silly. Let's tie the knot already! :)

We set a date for August 2014, already have the place booked, dress bought, save the dates designed, etc. So whatever happens next year, we are getting married. 

You gotta follow your dream though. I dont want to have a regret ten years from now and blame my fiance.

I just graduated from undergrad in the fall. I'm working from home today--but it is REALLY hard to focus. This forum is keeping me sane and unproductive :)

ooh man. If I were working from home, it would be a major accomplishment if I had even made it out of bed!! Annnd that's why I can't work from home.

I'm a marketing associate at a company near Chicago! I graduated from undergrad in Dec 2011 and I've been working here for 6 months. Thankfully I am suuuuper busy today or I would truly go nuts!

I'm jealous. I work in TCOM and we have been soo slow lately. My boss hired an extra 4 people right before Christmas because they swear up and down we are going to start being slammed... today would have been a good day for that.

We set a date for August 2014, already have the place booked, dress bought, save the dates designed, etc. So whatever happens next year, we are getting married. 

You gotta follow your dream though. I dont want to have a regret ten years from now and blame my fiance.

Woo! Sounds like you have your ducks in a line!  

And yes, I agree on the second part. I don't want to feel any bitterness towards him for not following my dream years from now..

ooh man. If I were working from home, it would be a major accomplishment if I had even made it out of bed!! Annnd that's why I can't work from home.

I usually don't work from home but I knew I would be way to antsy to go into the office today. I thought it would be wise decision to be a nersous wreck in the comfort of my own home...

I usually don't work from home but I knew I would be way to antsy to go into the office today. I thought it would be wise decision to be a nersous wreck in the comfort of my own home...

That's probably wise! I don't have that option, which is a good thing, I would be too tempted to abuse it.

I am greatful it's a slow day today.. even if it's kinda boring :)

I once saw a student come to class without a shirt or shoes. He didn't appear to be homeless. I was baffled. I make an effort when I go to class- I iron a shirt, shower, do my hair and makeup, select a matching tote or satchel for the day... Is putting on appropriate classroom attire that hard for these kids? I'm a fashion historian, so maybe I'm just too nitpicky. I don't expect a runway show, just SOME effort. I'll settle for jeans, tees, and flip flops, but even that bar is too high for some, apparently. Rant over.

Since I am an Adjunct at a local community college, I dont wear shoes in class and the students are horrified. My response...fashion is bourgeois, do your reading and lets start a revolution. It succeeded.

Awesome! Full...Research Grant to Kolkata! What field it your project in?

Gender Studies. Proposal is to create focus groups to study the social and emotional impacts of gender disparity on young women ages 13-15 as it relates to education and how to prevent secondary school enrollment rates from dropping for this population. That's the short version! And you?

What is your husband's proposal? I'm curious since we both applied to Ireland.  :ph34r:

He's applying in the arts, photography specifically. He'd like to document the overgrowth of hazel scrub in the Burren, and what the control of the scrub means to the people. The scrub acts like a weed, but it's actually indigenous to Ireland. So whereas environmental conservation has been an attempt to keep the location how it has been before humans, what they are doing with the scrub is actually an attempt to make Ireland stay how we think of it now... Not how it has been before human involvement. He'd explain it better... But that's the gist of it.

didn't someone say at one point in this (very long!) thread of messages that their notification was sent after 5pm last year? or should we give up for today at 5?

Yes, last year it was 7/7:30 pm, as recorded on the grad cafe. The time stamp is an hour ahead of me, so it may be 6/6:30 Philly time.

Maybe they close at 6?

Last year emails came at 7:30pm, I was in Philly when it happened! Was in class and didnt know this forum existed. It happened like a nice surprise. Now, I sit hear waiting, waiting and waiting.