Fulbright 2013-2014

Cyclone88

Every single time the email alert on my phone goes off my heart does a little back flip. Curse you list serve emails!

THIS. oh my god, damn you American College of Healthcare Executives, I do not care to know at this time that your monthly newsletter is available. 

On a side note, I was going to grab a sixpack on my way home from work but then my phone died as I was leaving the office and I couldn't handle not checking my email for that long, so I am now at home sans alcohol. But I have netflix, so....gah.

Estimating that 4000 - 5000 total people applied to all the Fulbright grants. That many people are sitting and waiting. Or maybe half doesnt know the exact date it is coming......

Estimating that 4000 - 5000 total people applied to all the Fulbright grants. That many people are sitting and waiting. Or maybe half doesnt know the exact date it is coming......

And there's only 100 people on this forum? Geez, what does everyone else do with their time? ;) 

I sure hope some of us hear tonight

To answer some questions- we've thought only a few times about if we both get it, because the second we say that what if outloud we realize how low the chances would be for that to happen in the first place. So, we haven't worried or talked about it really.

I'm giving up worrying until tomorrow around 8. 7-7:30 is still game for me.

And we are very certain about it being by the end of the day Friday. Someone's FPA did say some would find out today, and others tomorrow, but not everyone's. I don't know how the FPA's get their info...some seem like they are in the know, while others don't seem to give anyone a hint. I'm applying at large, so I just gather what I can on here.

Try 9,600 -- that was last year's applicant pool.

This is from the UK Fulbright Awards Twitter Page:

9,348 applications received from US students for this year's#Fulbright awards - looking forward to reading the ones for the UK this winter!

https://twitter.com/FulbrightAwards

Just scroll down to 17 October. So 9,348 total applications.

just got an email from the US Department of State..... possibly the worst list serve to be on today

This happened to me three times today! 

i just emailed my FPA (again). She would  only confirm that I will hear "VERY" soon. As if that puts me any more at ease.

sooooooooooooooooooooooooooo helpful. I can't decide if it's a blessing or a curse not to have a FPA to pester

i just emailed my FPA (again). She would  only confirm that I will hear "VERY" soon. As if that puts me any more at ease.

Him.. Let us dissect the connotations of "very"

5 minutes?

1 hour?

12 hours?

24?

Several years ago they heard at 9am.. I think 09... They mentioned it on the 11/12 forum