Fulbright 2013-2014

Cyclone88

so instead of writing my two papers today, i think i'm going to invest in a bottle of wine.

I have a phone interview this afternoon, but refused to do it without being in a place where I can check my email simultaneously. I have refused to be somewhere without wifi or my phone all day. This is a problem.

I, along with some of my military analyst friends, agree that the DPRK has the technology to place warheads onto MRBM's and Scuds so to transfer that to ICBM's should not be that difficult, especially since they were in contact with the A. Q. Khan network out of Pakistan which also has the knowledge of warhead placement.

So do what are your thoughts on their most recent unsuccessful tests?

Yes indeed! Maybe some bourbon. Maybe both!

OHMYGOD. BOURBON BALLS.

I went down to Lexington last year with my mom and sis to do a tour of the Heaven Hills distillery and bought some amazing bourbon balls.

Incidentally, I was also right behind a German couple in the line for the tour. I kept thinking I was hearing "Genau", so I started getting a little closer, to hear. At the end of the tour, I asked them if they were from Germany, and we had a nice chat. They complimented my German which made me happym as I really have not had to use it for some time. I will have to remember to take some small bottles of bourbon with me, as Germans really seem to love it! It would make a nice gift if I end up with roommates or something :)

Edited by there'sanappforthat

So do what are your thoughts on their most recent unsuccessful tests?

See...with Nuclear Weapons, you do not have to be accurate or successful in terms of their launch trajectory, if its a few miles off, no worries! haha

I think that the DPRK, while it flexes, doesn't need to use a missile. Thats what a cargo container is for. The nuclear conflict of our age will be asymmetric in style, not conventional.

so instead of writing my two papers today, i think i'm going to invest in a bottle of wine.

That is what I have been doing the whole time! 2 buck chuck all day/night!

Haha, you are in Kentucky? Maybe i'll come down and share one with you because I could sure use one too! I'm in Indiana!

Yes indeed! Maybe some bourbon. Maybe both!

Ohio boy here! Maybe we can all get together at the geographical center of the Midwest Tristate and have a Fulbright forum denizens' party. And toast to ecoponophobic's recent success!

Edited by secretlyismaili

Ohio boy here! Maybe we can all get together at the geographical center of the Midwest

Tristate and have a Fulbright forum denizens' party. And toast to ecoponophobic's recent success!

haha! awesome! Sounds like a plan! If nothing else, if we all make it, we should definitely meet up at the Conference in DC!

Tristate and have a Fulbright forum denizens' party. And toast to ecoponophobic's recent success!

haha! awesome! Sounds like a plan! If nothing else, if we all make it, we should definitely meet up at the Conference in DC!

Also... I'm actually from Ohio, studying in Kentucky! So yes, all of the above. Crossing my fingers for you all

Also... I'm actually from Ohio, studying in Kentucky! So yes, all of the above. Crossing my fingers for you all

Ahh cool. Cincinnati is my home and native land. I thought I'd edit that from Midwest to Tristate since I've faced Kentuckians' ire before for lumping them in with the Midwest...they're the South, dammit! It is true, though. Congrats on Oesterreich! That is one city I would love to live one day.

Ahh cool. Cincinnati is my home and native land. I thought I'd edit that from Midwest to Tristate since I've faced Kentuckians' ire before for lumping them in with the Midwest...they're the South, dammit! It is true, though. Congrats on Oesterreich! That is one city I would love to live one day.

daytonian here

daytonian here

Ok, so I was just thinking, while you are in Austria, you should go to Osnabrück and see the Swarovski Crystal Palace if you haven't. It is the trippiest experience I have ever had! You would not believe the craziness.. it is definitely worth seeing! For something more normal, go to the olympic ski jump. It is amazing! I went during the summer, which my uncle and cousin. I started pointing and telling them I had just seen a skiier go down the jump and they thought I was crazy; there was no way they were practicing in the summer, without snow. Nope! They were! You can take an elevator up to the top and watch the skiiers go down as well! I took an awesome video!

Ok, so I was just thinking, while you are in Austria, you should go to Osnabrück and see the Swarovski Crystal Palace if you haven't. It is the trippiest experience I have ever had! You would not believe the craziness.. it is definitely worth seeing! For something more normal, go to the olympic ski jump. It is amazing! I went during the summer, which my uncle and cousin. I started pointing and telling them I had just seen a skiier go down the jump and they thought I was crazy; there was no way they were practicing in the summer, without snow. Nope! They were! You can take an elevator up to the top and watch the skiiers go down as well! I took an awesome video!

I will! Thanks!

Did anyone in the past ever find out on a Saturday or Sunday??

I highly highly doubt it... I'm going to assume we won't hear until at least Monday at this rate =(

Did anyone in the past ever find out on a Saturday or Sunday??
I don't think so, but you could go check the google doc from last year and match it with an old calendar! I'm about ready to give up on hearing today too. :(