Fulbright 2013-2014

Cyclone88

Officially set my phone to give off a special alert for any emails received from fulbright. Hopefully I will stop checking so much now haha.

I imagine it going off at the beginning of class and having a panic attack for an hour, unable to check it.

I imagine it going off at the beginning of class and having a panic attack for an hour, unable to check it.

Bump that, I would totally walk out of any class for something like this. I might even high-five the professor on my way out (but send an apology and an explanation afterwards). 

Anyone else keep getting asked from all friends, co-workers and family members...."When do you find out?" 

The best is the people that ask every week even after I told them maybe mid-april but as late as June. 

Anyone else keep getting asked from all friends, co-workers and family members...."When do you find out?" 

The best is the people that ask every week even after I told them maybe mid-april but as late as June. 

I have only told.. one friend? I keep her updated. I specifically did not want to tell many people about it before anything was certain. My bf and family know it will be any day now.

I have only told.. one friend? I keep her updated. I specifically did not want to tell many people about it before anything was certain. My bf and family know it will be any day now.

Lucky, my family all knew cause I applied last year. At my school they post a flyer with all the finalists names and pictures. It was posted all over my department and even emailed out. I cant avoid it!

Psh I'd check it anyway. How do you do that?

Even though I know I'm unlikely to find out before next week, I'm still walking around stressed and freaking out all the time. So not good

How did you do that?

For iPhones w/ iOS 6+, first add the Fulbright email address as a VIP. I did this by finding my email from them in January, clicking on their email address to bring up the options "Create New Contact, Add to Existing Contact, Add to VIP." Select Add to VIP. Then Go to Settings -> Notifications -> Mail -> VIP. Set your notification preference as you would like :)

For iPhones w/ iOS 6+, first add the Fulbright email address as a VIP. I did this by finding my email from them in January, clicking on their email address to bring up the options "Create New Contact, Add to Existing Contact, Add to VIP." Select Add to VIP. Then Go to Settings -> Notifications -> Mail -> VIP. Set your notification preference as you would like :)

Awesome!! THanks!!!!!

This waiting business is getting REALLY old.

I read this then instantly busted up laughing....it is, but my FPA said to me today (I asked him if the Office of National Scholarship Advisement offers counseling services for waiting :wacko:) he said,

"Counselling no, but we do trade in rumors!  Some countries are starting to let people know, so you might hear soon.  Rumors I've

heard as well are that people who have been turned down are hearing first, so maybe no news is good news."

At this point, I'll take any interaction about the Fulbright.....back to refreshing and praying....HANG IN THERE EVERYONE

This is supposed to be the moment when all of the anonymous hackers out there get the results from those at IIE and then disseminate the info to us proles out here! Oi Vey! This waiting is equivalent to Alain Badiou's concept of the Event!

I read this then instantly busted up laughing....it is, but my FPA said to me today (I asked him if the Office of National Scholarship Advisement offers counseling services for waiting :wacko:) he said,

"Counselling no, but we do trade in rumors!  Some countries are starting to let people know, so you might hear soon.  Rumors I've

heard as well are that people who have been turned down are hearing first, so maybe no news is good news."

At this point, I'll take any interaction about the Fulbright.....back to refreshing and praying....HANG IN THERE EVERYONE

If nothing else, he should offer you a jack and coke to soothe your frayed nerves. I think I'm gonna need something strong tonight............

Up until now, I've just been anxious. Now I am getting agitated. Gosh darn it!! I have to get something DONE in the next month or so (pleasegodnotlongerthanthat) This anxiety is SERIOUSLY impeding me from acomplishing anything!! Staying on task...not...possible....

This is supposed to be the moment when all of the anonymous hackers out there get the results from those at IIE and then disseminate the info to us proles out here! Oi Vey! This waiting is equivalent to Alain Badiou's concept of the Event!

Where are you applying again, chelali? My brain wants to say Russia.. but.. yeah. It's kind of shot right now.

If nothing else, he should offer you a jack and coke to soothe your frayed nerves. I think I'm gonna need something strong tonight............

Up until now, I've just been anxious. Now I am getting agitated. Gosh darn it!! I have to get something DONE in the next month or so (pleasegodnotlongerthanthat) This anxiety is SERIOUSLY impeding me from acomplishing anything!! Staying on task...not...possible....

I'm trying to stay away from drinking ( training-doing CrossFit for a Tough Mudder in June) but I hear it calling me...ALL THIS STRESS...I need to focus and keep writing this dissertation, but I feel like everything is on hold as I drive myself insane....

Ahh cool! My sister received a full grant to India in.. um.. *Scratches head* 09?

She brought home a husband...

which is probably why my boyfriend is so worried :P

hahaha well can we say that your sisters project was....successful!

But if you meet the right people over in India...why not go beyond the husband to the commune...so much better! =)

Anyway...My partner and I are planning on going to Kolkata for a project on Hindu Theology...specifically Sacrificial Theology. hbu all?

I'd love to hear everyone's proposals. I mean, while we're waiting (possibly forever)

I'm hoping to do a study that'll use the droning sounds of North Indian/Hindustani ragas and related musical instruments as a bottom-up sensory/perceptual/cognitive/social therapy for children with autism in New Delhi. There'll be different conditions to compare ragas vs. sounds of single instruments, recordings vs. live listening, etc. If things go as planned there'll also be a condition where we'll try to teach some kids to apply their repetitive/OCD-like motor behaviors to the repetitive patterns used to play some of these instruments, essentially turning these problematic behaviors into the engine that drives the output of therapeutic sound. 

Aah, Kolkata. I love that city, as well as studying Indian theology (of an Islamic sort). Ami aek bochor age Kolkata-te biye korechi. I wish you all the best! Will this research be conducted at local temples?

Yes it is wonderful! I have been twice!

Indian Theology of an Islamic sort...something like the local Sufi traditions, the Sikhs, the splinter Shia groups and the Mughal heritage etc? Sounds like it would have to bring in Pakistan as well...like the Aga Khan, Ismaili's etc.

I will be conducting my research at local temples devoted to a Shakti, for example, Kali. Hbu? what is your project?