Stanford University's Emmett Interdisciplinary Program in Environment and Resources?

Hello,

I've been looking into various schools and programs focusing on the environment and climate change and came across the Emmett Program at Stanford University. Does anyone know how competitive the PhD admissions are (i.e. how many students they accept for their cohort)? And what kind of placement they have (academic, federal, NGO, private sector, etc.)?

Thank you in advance.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...

Do you guys know how Stanford's program compares to UC Berkeley's Energy & Resources program?

My understanding is an admit rate of about 4%. The program is still pretty young, but placement is a mix of academic and NGO so far, based on what I've heard.

Where are you getting your admit rate information from? 

There are several programs I am considering at the graduate level at Stanford and am having a very difficult time finding the admit rate.

Current student.

We're smaller than ERG and have a much more limited focus on energy -- most people work on topics more unified by a relationship to major environmental changes (climate being a big one) than to energy per se.