Ohio State

Hi everyone,

I'm sort of afraid to ask, but my online app status at OSU still shows "AcadReview" while several people have reported being accepted via website, starting from Feb 12. Does this mean they're reviewing applications in rounds, or does it mean I probably haven't gotten in?

thanks,

N

I graduated with my MA from them last June, and I was accepted to the PhD program on Friday. Based on everything I've seen so far, I don't think the committee has selected anything other than candidates who are being nominated for fellowships and internal, MA to PhD candidates. I don't think you should assume anything if you haven't heard yet. Another thing is that they may be deciding on MA candidates after PhD candidates, so if you're an MA candidate, your wait might be longer. They fully fund everyone admitted with at least a teaching assistantship, so don't worry about not being nominated for a fellowship. If you have any other questions about the program, let me know. I don't have a ton of info since I'm not there right now, but I will try my best to help. Good luck!