Fulbright 2009-2010

water_rabbit

Congrats! I hope I hear (good news) today. My permanent address is in NC. It's supposed to arrive today (according to shipping calculations), but it's a bit further than upstate NY. I also applied for a CLEA, btw.

Now I'm really nervous. Was your letter sent on Friday? And was it from IIE NY or Beijing?

Hey Dredenn. The letter was sent from IIE in NY, and was postmarked April 16 (last Thursday). Also it came to my current address, not my permanent address. Which program did you apply for for CLEA? (I applied to CET Harbin Summer progam.) Let us know! Good luck!!!

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After what seems like an eternity of waiting, I finally got my manila envelope. I'm going to Sri Lanka!!! After constant phone calls to IIE, incessantly checking this forum 24/7, and living in complete anxiety of the past month and a half, I'm glad the end has FINALLY come. I've been fantasizing about this moment for so long.....I'm truly grateful.

Details about the mail. As someone mentioned before, the manila envelope was surprisingly small. It was postmarked April 16th (a Thursday). When I called the Fulbright office last week, they said it would be mailed on Wednesday. When I called the Fulbright office this morning, they sent it was sent out on Friday. I guess it was neither. The envelope contains a letter congratulating you and talking about how the Fulbright is amazing and you should be proud. Another letter explaining the medical clearance and they're not responsible for costs. Another letter about how graduating seniors must send them a final transcript so they know you have a bachelors at least. Lastly, the actual medical form which is 4 pages long.

To all those still waiting to hear from the Fulbright, either for the first time or as an alternate, I wish you all the luck in the world. If all else fails, you can come visit me in Sri Lanka :D

Congrats!!!

Hey Dredenn. The letter was sent from IIE in NY, and was postmarked April 16 (last Thursday). Also it came to my current address, not my permanent address. Which program did you apply for for CLEA? (I applied to CET Harbin Summer progam.) Let us know! Good luck!!!

Heya,

Thanks! I applied for CET Harbin Summer as well. I've been getting a lot of emails from Beijing, which I'm hoping is a good sign... However, my mailing situation is a bit odd. My home address is set to forward to my current address, so if it was sent home and didn't make it past the forwarding (I tried to arrange it to) then I could be in for a lengthier wait.

Congrats to all those who have recieved good news. I'm a Finalist for the Fulbright grant to study an International MBA at the Instituto de Empresa in Spain and I still haven't heard anything. For all of you other people still out there waiting. I feel your pain. Not sure if I should bother calling or just sit out the last 2 weeks, since I've already managed to survive waiting this long.

I received my acceptance letter today!! India ETA, postmarked April 16th.

A sincere thanks to everyone in the forum for their feedback and support :)

Congrats Sitara and Sunbean. It's nice to see that India isn't taking as long as it's fabled to.

sunbean, congrats! (one more India applicant coming out of the woodwork). Are you ETA or Research?

I'm research, anthropology, will be based in Varanasi. Where are the other India Fulbrighters on this board based?

I also got an email today stating that I was moved from an alternate to principal candidate. But, thinking that I didn't get it and wouldn't hear for a long time, I already accepted a fully funded PhD program offer. I spoke to my school and they said that I probably could defer but that funding could not be guaranteed (and with the economy, things might change...) And, I can't attend a PhD program without funding. Plus, this program has great funding, and I love it and am excited to start.

Suggestions???

I heard to day. I was rejected. I'm happy that it wasn't alternate, now I can move on. I live in NY. Did anyone get an acceptance to the Netherlands?

My condolences. Posting on this forum was probably the last thing you wanted to do today, thanks for letting us know.