So, I'm not that comfortable getting into specifics, as I have found nothing out through official channels...

...but, for those of us still hanging on for hope, I hear that the dept. is still setting financial packages, and that they are waiting for that (and had been waiting for university decisions to be made before this) to be figured out before notifying people officially...

If your status hasn't changed, I'd say you should keep your fingers crossed, but your jaw clenched. It may mean absolutely nothing, and you may yet be rejected. But you may yet be accepted. And we'll probably know by the end of the weekend.

ps. The whole wishing-retribution-on-admissions-committees-for-one's-own-anxiety thing that's cropped up in this thread (and far more...expressively...in others) seems a bit out of place? Like getting all pissed off at the bus driver for getting you where you're going too slowly, when she's been battling traffic the whole way?

By the end of the weekend, you say? Is that a speculation or veiled insider knowledge?

I think the anger at the adcom thing is just trying to let off steam. This is a frustrating process and the fact that I've gone through 8 f5 (refresh) keys is a testament to that. I do think it is odd that some schools that have Dec. 1st deadlines are still dragging their feet. Lookin' at you, Ohio State. Unless they call me and say I'm in and then everything is forgiven.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm curious if anyone else has spoken with MN about their waitlist. I had a nice conversation with the DGS, but when I asked about the waitlist (size, my place, do they do it by specialty) she was evasive. Every other school has been quite specific when answering questions about the wait list, so I didn't know what to make of this. Is it just their style? Why be so cagey? All this said, it really was a nice conversation where the DGS went out of her way to say that many times that she thought my app was great and that sometimes they're not able to take people who end up going on to be superstars. I thought that was a nice gesture.