Material Science PHD fall 13

ankurshah

Anyone going to Florida's recruiting weekend next Friday?? The professor who contacted me said they would be sending official offer letters this week.  Where you at Gainesville?!?!??!

Anyone going to Florida's recruiting weekend next Friday?? The professor who contacted me said they would be sending official offer letters this week.  Where you at Gainesville?!?!??!

nobody's heard anything yet according to the results section. good luck :)

cornell is suppose to send out the admit tomorrow onwards for the next two weeks, well thats the reply i got from mat.sci dept.

Also, i have applied to the Delaware's dept and i do not haave a clue about the movement in that dept. Even the result section here seems empty. from 6-7 post in last 3-4 years admits are usually in amrch - april. Not sre if thats the right thing. Does anyone have an idea about the movement in that dept ?

cornell is suppose to send out the admit tomorrow onwards for the next two weeks, well thats the reply i got from mat.sci dept.

Do you know if this is only true for international students, or is it for both domestic and international?

UIUC rejects being sent out...Condolences to everyone who didn't get in. Whole idea of admissions seems stupid sometimes, but I guess they have limited spots.  :( It's humbling to see even though I was fortunate enough to be accepted. Fingers crossed for everyone who hasn't heard from their dream schools  ;)

I feel like its as much about fit as anything else. I was accepted to UCSB Materials but rejected by UC Berkeley materials. Dont feel down if you didnt get into a program. It just probably wasnt a good fit.

well thats what the admission officer in the dept told, Also looking at the admission thread in the result section, first wave in jan end (two results are out) and the next wave is in midish of feb so i hope to get some decision this coming week

BTW i need some info on the movement in the in the Delaware materials Dept. Any pointers?

Berkeley seems to have 'waitlisted and then rejected' students. Anyone else who still hasn't heard back anything from them?

I was surprised to see that. I didn't think Berkeley (or any phd programs) had a wait list. I'm still at submitted.

If there have been a p

well thats what the admission officer in the dept told, Also looking at the admission thread in the result section, first wave in jan end (two results are out) and the next wave is in midish of feb so i hope to get some decision this coming week

BTW i need some info on the movement in the in the Delaware materials Dept. Any pointers?

Yeah, I was kinda surprised to not see any acceptances go out on Friday. It's possible that the people who did get them just didn't post here, though.