London School of Economics IR Reserve List

Hey guys,

I was put on the reserve list for the Master's program in IR at LSE. They tell me that I should find out in August. I have a backup school here in the US, which I was accepted to last year but deferred to attend this year. So my question is should I just goto the school here in the US and forget about LSE, because school starts around late-August early September here and if I keep waiting for LSE results and don't get an offer I will miss the boat altogether.

The other thing is that I wasn't offered a scholarship at the US school, so I'll have to take out a humongous amount of loan money to go there, which I will have to do to goto LSE as well, the difference being that the LSE Masters is a year long while the US masters is going to be two years and not from a very prestigious school. Would appreciate any advice you can offer. Thanks

• 4 weeks later...

Any thoughts guys?

Make a chart: 'Cost, Time, Prestige.' Weigh these factors in terms of your biggest concerns. Go to the school that best fits your needs after reviewing the chart.

If you really want the LSE option then contact the IR course convenors/profs in the department and tell them your situation. They may be able to help you get off the waitlist.